So wrong...

I shared it on a couple other forums I belong to...

The rider was so calm & professional. He should contact an attorney ASAP.

I bet the cop didin't write an incident report on rear-ending someone. Oh he could be in some serious trouble! Especially when this thing hits CNN lol!

The vid is stuck at 302 views which is the number that you tube defaults to before it really takes off.

I realize that the cop hit him, and that anytime you get hit from the rear, it is the other persons fault. But did it not appear like he brake checked him, because there was plenty of room in front of the bike that he really had no reason to do that?

I realize that the cop hit him, and that anytime you get hit from the rear, it is the other persons fault. But did it not appear like he brake checked him, because there was plenty of room in front of the bike that he really had no reason to do that?

Doesn't matter if he did or not.

To me it looked like the rider was simply out strolling along, moving with traffic & obeying all laws.

Who knows really? The rider may have seen something else, or thought another driver was getting ready to come over in his lane...doesn't matter, anyone behind him is responsible for giving him room and being fully alert. This cop was wrong, and I believe if he truly had any reason to write the biker up, he would have. I bet that biker's camera spared him a ticket.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Shoot, the rider could have so easily said "I saw a cat and braked to avoid hitting it..." As far as I know, drivers/riders don't need an excuse to brake...it's a subjective action based on whatever environment the vehicle operator perceives. This cop was wrong, just no way around it IMHO

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Because of three recent tickets (don't ask) I was required by the Common Wealth of Virginia to take a Safe Driving Course. I don't recall the part about it was OK to hit some from behind If they were not riding fast enough or in a certain part of the lane. Good to know the next time a cop is putzing around in front of me.

Reminder love tap coming your way officer. NOT...

I would have owned his house, cars, and 50% of his future income from his burger flipping job cause he be fired cause I would have instantly called the news, an ambulance, my lawyer, and the highway patrol all while rolling around on the ground.

I would have owned his house, cars, and 50% of his future income from his burger flipping job cause he be fired cause I would have instantly called the news, an ambulance, my lawyer, and the highway patrol all while rolling around on the ground.

Thank God for smart phones!!! :laugh:

Well I was debating if it was worth my time. At 30 seconds the guy on the bike locks his brakes, basically to lock his brakes. The rider was so professional because he intended to burn the cop and secondly he didn't want a possible beat down. The cop acted badly. What he should have done is asked the guy if he was alright, asked him to pull off the roadway and called his supervisor and had highway patrol or some other agency investigate. He screwed up. I can't tell you how many people try to evade me and at the end try to air bag me by locking up there brakes in front of me. I've been lucky.

I could be wrong but I feel the biker created the incident intentionally. I could be all wrong. Went back a second time and carefully watched the video.

What most don't understand is the absolute pressure for perfect cops. I'm sure this dummy was thinking about how much trouble he would be in, losing his job, or never getting a promotion for this none event. Cops are under the microscope 24/7, both on and off the job. But as they always tell the whiners " It's your chosen profession "

I don't think he like bikes, he came out aggressive from the start hoping to get a reaction but noticed the camera, interesting how cameras change people.

I don't think he like bikes, he came out aggressive from the start hoping to get a reaction but noticed the camera, interesting how cameras change people.

That would be the greatest addition to one of those old "is my light blinking videos" if he just would have leaned forward and said "is my light blinking" :-)

What most don't understand is the absolute pressure for perfect cops. I'm sure this dummy was thinking about how much trouble he would be in, losing his job, or never getting a promotion for this none event. Cops are under the microscope 24/7, both on and off the job. But as they always tell the whiners " It's your chosen profession "

I don't think they should be perfect; they are human. But, IMHO, he reacted soooo poorly because, whether anyone likes it or not, he hit the guy...

I was pulled over at the age of 17 in my Dad's bright yellow Formula. Cop gets out and starts in on me for speeding. I know I wasn't breaking the law, and I had cruise set. His entire demeanor changed, and looking back, I assume because it was then his word vs. mine. He wasn't running radar, he hadn't been following me or had me pass him, and I'm saying there's no way I was speeding because I had cruise set.

You know what he then tells me? We'll, I'm not supposed to use my cruise control "in that area" ??? He drops the speech about speeding and moves to that. Ummm, ok, is there a law, or a sign? I just let him berate me, and got the old "I'm going to let you go" BS. Best part - the cop proceeds to get in his car and back out on to a major highway. Now, I'm not the smartest gal (go for it Bots) but I'm pretty sure one of the rules learned while getting licensed was to never do that...I just laughed and all these years later, I still recall that incident. The reality is that he most likely pulled the young blond in the bright yellow sports car over because he could...

Should cops be perfect? It's impossible, BUT you do have to realize that following the most basic laws of the road is likely pretty high up the list of job responsibilities if you're a cop. I've seen it personally, and now with this video, an overreaction to a situation because, quite frankly, no one likes egg on their face or to be wrong.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I don't think they should be perfect; they are human. But, IMHO, he reacted soooo poorly because, whether anyone likes it or not, he hit the guy...

I was pulled over at the age of 17 in my Dad's bright yellow Formula. Cop gets out and starts in on me for speeding. I know I wasn't breaking the law, and I had cruise set. His entire demeanor changed, and looking back, I assume because it was then his word vs. mine. He wasn't running radar, he hadn't been following me or had me pass him, and I'm saying there's no way I was speeding because I had cruise set.

You know what he then tells me? We'll, I'm not supposed to use my cruise control "in that area" ??? He drops the speech about speeding and moves to that. Ummm, ok, is there a law, or a sign? I just let him berate me, and got the old "I'm going to let you go" BS. Best part - the cop proceeds to get in his car and back out on to a major highway. Now, I'm not the smartest gal (go for it Bots) but I'm pretty sure one of the rules learned while getting licensed was to never do that...I just laughed and all these years later, I still recall that incident. The reality is that he most likely pulled the young blond in the bright yellow sports car over because he could...

Should cops be perfect? It's impossible, BUT you do have to realize that following the most basic laws of the road is likely pretty high up the list of job responsibilities if you're a cop. I've seen it personally, and now with this video, an overreaction to a situation because, quite frankly, no one likes egg on their face or to be wrong.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Sorry about your experience. I got pulled when I was 18 on my bike so someone could admire. Todays law in most states requires you to put something in someones hand if you stop them because of this behavior. In other words don't pull the pretty young thangs in yellow formulas or kids on cool bikes :laugh:

He caused the bump by locking his brakes. No one but the rider knows his motives, but from what I could see it wasn't traffic related. Like I said the cop screwed up and just kept digging that hole deeper. More than likely this will not go well for him. He should have taken a different course of action after the bump.

I don't know the laws in every state, but I know in Va. If you hit someone from behind you are getting the ticket. That being said, just another douchebag driver with a video camera trying to be victimized on tape. Cop was at fault, but rider caused the accident. Reminds me of the videos of douchebags walking around with assault rifles in open carry states taping cops questioning them. What's wrong officer? It's my right.

Back