So why have so many busas been dropped?

SQUID.....

Plain and simple!!! There’s a ton of squids out there who have ridden little 500 of 650 ninjas that have more $$$ than they do brain cells or motorcycle experience.

Honestly I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen someone drop a bike exactly like this. They are either physically weak or 5ft nothing tall and they can barely tip toe on it. Or it’s usually a combination of both...... Now they got away with it on their light @ss beginner bike but a bike the size of Busa or heavier gets em EVERYTIME. 1st time they encounter gravel or uneven pavement it’s a wrap. Dude in the video stalled it and is probably short so he couldn’t get his footing underneath and hold the bike up with core/upper body strength

When I was down the Dragon I seen a slow mo drop exactly like that. We had just reached the top of the Dragon and pulled off on the right side in the parking lot to wait for the rest of our group. Then comes this chick screaming up the Dragon on a brand new Doocati Monster. She’s decked out in all brand new Daienese leathers and Custom AGV helmet. I could tell bye her body position she was extremely short. Either way I guess she wanted to impress the group of Harley guys looking @ her so she speeds past to the far end of the parking lot and comes to a stop. She attempts to balance the bike on 1 leg and swing then other over to dismount but the brand new leathers coupled with her short stature prohibit her from doing so. She fought falling over with the for what seemed like forever!!! Eventually she gave up and fell the last couple inches from the ground :D

Embarrassed she tried to jump right up and grab her Doocati but she was physically unable to pick it up more than a foot or so. Naturally we walked over and helped her lift up her small naked ultra light sportbike. IMO if you physically cant pick your bike up you got no business riding it

I came up to a stop sign one day in the country and there was sandy gravel all over the pavement when I put my foot down. It took 3-4 attempts to keep my foot from sliding all the way down and the bike was really tilting. Luckily I was able to muscle it back upright and it didn’t fall over. That was as close as I’ve come to dropping it. When I put the side stand down I always pull the bike back an inch before dismounting. Seems to work for me.

I badly overfilled the tank once , and got about 7 km up the road and took a tight slow right turn and the overflow pissed fuel onto my tire , down she went at 20 kph , lots of plastic damage etc. 3 grand + in all .
Another time the bike slid off kickstand ( before kickstand mod ) in my lounge room and pinned me to the couch , I managed to tilt the bike so front tire could touch the floor , then I grabbed the front stoppers and picked the bike back up .

I would have to say, yes and yes... the old girl is a big girl and trying to do some of the things that you can do on a 600 just don't happen on a busa... I've seen folks try to turn around on hills and gravity is not very forgiving. Not being able to get a foot down on the drop off side and then thinking that you're gonna hold her up just isn't going to happen.

The GEN I's used to have a kickstand mod where guys would grind off the tab to get the bike to lean over a little more and set in. The key is to keep it in first and roll until the gear grabs then put your kickstand down.

Lots of tips and tricks but it all comes down to gravity.

cap

Where's Redbull with Youtube videos of Hayabusas being ridden in traffic cone slaloms....?

I watched a couple where riders were going around traffic cones putting the bike right over almost touching pegs down at very slow speeds.

I would have posted them but this is Redbull's expertise (and hobby).

I badly overfilled the tank once , and got about 7 km up the road and took a tight slow right turn and the overflow pissed fuel onto my tire , down she went at 20 kph , lots of plastic damage etc. 3 grand + in all .
Another time the bike slid off kickstand ( before kickstand mod ) in my lounge room and pinned me to the couch , I managed to tilt the bike so front tire could touch the floor , then I grabbed the front stoppers and picked the bike back up .
I want to have my Busa in the lounge room, you must have a great wife!!

No wife bro , only me and my dog and me 'the old Dear ' ( Mother ) , whom me and Dogboy look after .
Lounge room is a room where you lounge about , you know , take your sun downer whisky or kick back after taking your evening meal , with guests . The lounge room is like your best room for entertaining , in this house it is combined with the best dining area .
The bike room is really the old family entertainment room , but it is now my bike room .

I've seen folks try to turn around on hills and gravity is not very forgiving. Not being able to get a foot down on the drop off side and then thinking that you're gonna hold her up just isn't going to happen.

Lots of tips and tricks but it all comes down to gravity.

cap

^^^^ Oh, sooooo many times we have seen this!!!

Where's Redbull with Youtube videos of Hayabusas being ridden in traffic cone slaloms....?

I watched a couple where riders were going around traffic cones putting the bike right over almost touching pegs down at very slow speeds.

I would have posted them but this is Redbull's expertise (and hobby).
Isn’t he busy playing host to C10? Lol

Spent a couple of months riding my ZRX 1200R exclusively. Decided to start both bikes because they had been sitting a while. Backed them out of the garage and took each for a quick spin around the block. ZRX first, Busa second. Holy Crap! I thought I had a flat front tire on the Busa, the steering was so heavy and it felt like a whale. Still love the old girl but I was stunned by the pondering beast at low in neighborhood speeds. Have to mentally prepare for the difference each time I switch bikes. Something to think about

SQUID.....

Plain and simple!!! There’s a ton of squids out there who have ridden little 500 of 650 ninjas that have more $$$ than they do brain cells or motorcycle experience.

Honestly I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen someone drop a bike exactly like this. They are either physically weak or 5ft nothing tall and they can barely tip toe on it. Or it’s usually a combination of both...... Now they got away with it on their light @ss beginner bike but a bike the size of Busa or heavier gets em EVERYTIME. 1st time they encounter gravel or uneven pavement it’s a wrap. Dude in the video stalled it and is probably short so he couldn’t get his footing underneath and hold the bike up with core/upper body strength

When I was down the Dragon I seen a slow mo drop exactly like that. We had just reached the top of the Dragon and pulled off on the right side in the parking lot to wait for the rest of our group. Then comes this chick screaming up the Dragon on a brand new Doocati Monster. She’s decked out in all brand new Daienese leathers and Custom AGV helmet. I could tell bye her body position she was extremely short. Either way I guess she wanted to impress the group of Harley guys looking @ her so she speeds past to the far end of the parking lot and comes to a stop. She attempts to balance the bike on 1 leg and swing then other over to dismount but the brand new leathers coupled with her short stature prohibit her from doing so. She fought falling over with the for what seemed like forever!!! Eventually she gave up and fell the last couple inches from the ground :D

Embarrassed she tried to jump right up and grab her Doocati but she was physically unable to pick it up more than a foot or so. Naturally we walked over and helped her lift up her small naked ultra light sportbike. IMO if you physically cant pick your bike up you got no business riding it
I feel the same way.... and I have felt this way since I put a 1982 honda cb900f in the woods.... had to stand it back up/drag it outta the woods... that bike was reallllly heavy.... took me forever.... AND I was half unconscious at the time... unreal.

Back