So, what's it like riding with the Raleigh bunch?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Jon, Tim, Shawn and all the rest of the bunch, it was a privilege riding with you folks, can't remember when last I had such a good ride. Fun, fun, fun.

For those entering the "South East Riders" territory, these folks have found some awesome twisties around Raleigh, that will test your skills and they know how to ride em.

First some pics and then more about the ride.

South East Riders, the bunch.

007_edited-1.jpg

Then there are the Scoots, some Ducs, Busas, an Aprilia, a Beemer and Yamaha.

008_edited-1.jpg

First stop, after hitting some mean twisties out in the country. There is someting about to happen, look into the distance, there is the clue.

009_edited-1.jpg

Darn!!! It happened!!!! For those reading the thread, guess how this ended? We will give tips along the way.

010_edited-1.jpg

Last stop, before heading home. What's happening out in the grass?

011_edited-1.jpg

What did I learn on this ride?

1.) It's getting cold at 40F if not properly dressed, you loose it a bit after riding 85 miles to Raleigh. It took me quite while to figure out why the gas pump would not pump gas into my tank. Eventually I found the little problem. I was pushing the 93 button, while I had the diesel hose stuck in my tank.

2.) Have the Busa 21 months and only 3,500 miles. Don't get to ride much. The Oklahoma and Arkansas folks taught me how to get the chicken strips down to around 3/8". Today, the South East Riders made me remove that 3/8" on a worn out back tire.

3.) Speed and power means nothing, when there are mean twisties and I am not the best rider. Got licked bad by a BMW 1200 RT.:banghead:

4.) When you erase chicken strips, dragging knee seems a lot easier, the pavement gets real close.

5.) On the straights, when a Gen I tries to go past a Gen II, you can't allow it, the result being flying low with everything changing into a blur. Thanks for covering the back to the Blue Busa rider, appreciate it.

6.) Full throttle at 6,000 rmp in second, if you hit a yellow line, the back wheel starts spinning.

So, give us your best guess about Jon.:whistle:

007_edited-1.jpg

008_edited-1.jpg

009_edited-1.jpg

010_edited-1.jpg

011_edited-1.jpg

I almost went up there today... I knew I should have!

I know you had a COLD ride into Raleigh. Thanks again for coming out Willem had a Great ride. Fun Fun is Right. I discovered my Left fork seal is leaking so have to fix that in the next week or two.. Great Pics here is a few more..

Last edited:
Thx Jon, that was an awesome ride!!

When I got home the casing started showing on my back tire.

Don't forget to PM me Shawn's contact details please.

Back