So, what's Germany like?

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Back here after nine years, don't flame this is just the way my eyes see nowadays.

Everyone real friendly and helpful.
Got two speeding camera tickets first day, did not remember it is 50km/h in the city.
I believe us Americans (LOL I can say that since 2006) work a bit harder and we are a bit more productive.
Generally the women seem to take better care of themselves, even the girls on the factory floor wear makeup. (Vabs excluded of course, she is the best)
Food, mmm, perhaps a little better than the US, but not much. Seafood is great here in Lubeck.
The beer, hard to beat. It is sooooo good!
Truimph/Ducati dealer two blocks across from my factory. 2005 Busa 30,000km, they want 6,000 Euros. They have a used Panigale 1,000km for 19,000 Euro. Me thinks something wrong there.
My company car is a little diesel Ford something, with a 6 speed stick shift. 260km marked on the speedo, but I don't think there will be a steep enough downhill on the autobahn to even get close. We will try tomorrow and see what happens. If it gets close to anything bump-able it starts beeping like a little pig.
Generally, the standard of cars are a bit lower than the US, probably because gas is so expensive here. Close to $8 a US gallon.
A lot of history and culture, can't find that in the US.
Folks are really laid back. Don't think it was this way 9 years ago.
Trying to help run the factory is like conducting an orchestra and knowing how to play each instrument. Except I cannot read the darn music sheet as it is written in German.
Not a whole lot of open space. Cities are densely populated.
Driving is a bit less aggressive than back home. If you light up a turn signal, the next car lets you in.
Don't seem to have our immigration issues. Most people are German.
The younger generation seem to be a lot more respectful than back home.

Pic from my apartment window, it's nice for a few days but I sure can see getting real homesick as the weeks go by. Don't take the US for granted, it is a good place. And to the whiners, stop complaining you just don't realize how good you have it.

Lubeck_zpse6cda435.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
really want to make it there one of these years, it's where one of the roots of the ol' family tree came from :beerchug:

I have a fasination for war history.If I whent to germany I'd probably spend half the time visiting old war stuff,Auschwitz,Dachau,Sachsenhausen,various castles that were home to the SS,etc.

Are the ladies super attractive? Rubb loves the blondes. :drool: Blonde/Blue Eye'd...:hot:

I dont drink anymore,which would be a giant bummer in a place that has beer mugs the size of an exhaust can.:laugh:

Autobahn and Turbo-Busa....:race: Giddy Up.

RSD.

I have a fasination for war history.If I whent to germany I'd probably spend half the time visiting old war stuff,Auschwitz,Dachau,Sachsenhausen,various castles that were home to the SS,etc.

Are the ladies super attractive? Rubb loves the blondes. :drool: Blonde/Blue Eye'd...:hot:

I dont drink anymore,which would be a giant bummer in a place that has beer mugs the size of an exhaust can.:laugh:

Autobahn and Turbo-Busa....:race: Giddy Up.

RSD.

You would have to start drinking beer Rubah, should you come over here. Had a liter last night in a cellar which was built early in the 16th century where they still make their own brew. It was good, seems like they know how to eliminate the rough after taste, a lot more creamy than a typical Sam Adams.

The girls are nice, but you folks in Canada rank pretty high. Sitting in Toronto downtown during summer, in a little restaurant sidewalk, looking at the girls walking their dogs may be better than over here.

I see what you were saying about history,yer sitting having a beer in a place constructed 400 years ago,way cool.:thumbsup: Europe rocks for that.I have only ever been to England as far as European holidays go.

RSD.

Interesting bike rental rates in Hamburg, rates per day:

ZX14 = 69 Euro per day
Concours = 69
Triumph Trophy 99kW = 188 Euro per day
Triumph Rocket III = 188
Harley Road King classic = 125
Kawasaki Versys = 49
Same class as the Versys Triumph Tiger 800C = 128

Weird?

^ i would pay 69 euro to ride a 14 for the day. love Germany and have family in Passow (sp). The beer, food, & women are top notch.

How long are you there for? I am planning a top back over sometime soon, waiting to find out if one of my best friends is going to be back living in Wiesbaden before I plan too much. How far are you from that area?

How long are you there for? I am planning a top back over sometime soon, waiting to find out if one of my best friends is going to be back living in Wiesbaden before I plan too much. How far are you from that area?

600km, About 5 hours with the Autobahn. Wiesbaden is pretty central, we are way North in Lubeck, closer to Denmark bordering the Baltic sea.

600km, About 5 hours with the Autobahn. Wiesbaden is pretty central, we are way North in Lubeck, closer to Denmark bordering the Baltic sea.

so perhaps an Amsterdam Org meet n greet is in order :cool:

so perhaps an Amsterdam Org meet n greet is in order :cool:

LOL, there is a Panigale for rent at 98 Euro per day around the corner here. Will see how fast I can get to Amsterdam. They want 19,000 for the bike, so I asked why it has 1,000km and they said they rent it out.

i'm in the kaiserslautern area and i'm always down to meet up with other Busa riders. not too many of them around here.

The right way to drink beer

First, walk across the river

Lubeck013_zpsff4dcc64.jpg

Then order a beer brewed in a cellar almost 800 years old

Lubeck014_zpscf974f78.jpg

The new part

Lubeck015_zps545dcf57.jpg

Enter the cellar carefully

Lubeck016_zps51019bc6.jpg

Walk back in life 800 years

Lubeck017_zps5ae45261.jpg

More cellar

Lubeck018_zpsbae52112.jpg

And more cellar

Lubeck019_zps86802954.jpg

And, if you had so much beer to drink, that you need an Ambulance, no worries help is here.

Lubeck020_zpsdf25ab1d.jpg

Back