So whats everyone's Holiday plans?

Slowstang305

Registered
What are you guys doing for the holidays? I think I want to drive up to Jacksonville and go on a train ride to see all of the Christmas decorations. Other than that probably spend it with family and get some riding time in since im in SoFlo. Anyone traveling any place interesting?

I'm working through, apart from statutory holidays.
Only been in my new job 2 months so I drew the short straw I guess.
I like having a few days off now and then rather than 2 weeks all in one go.

Taking some time off to spend with family and do some riding. Cousins want me to be with them for New Years up in NY, but I did that last year and the -11’F temps were no fun, so don’t think I want to deal with that again.

As a retired guy, I have nothing but time in my favor, I will slowly decorate the inside of the house and prepare for the grand kids to arrive.

I have had my exterior lights on for a month now which is uncharacteristic of me. I guess the early snow has me in the spirit...

Visiting some of the wife's family nearby. Hoping to get a couple days of good weather with salt free roads to get some miles on my new bike. Otherwise staying around the house with the dogs...

The PC granola crunchers have complained and most of the radio stations have pulled the song "Baby it's Cold Outside" which has been playing for what, 80 yrs?

It has been sung by a number of singers who I figure wouldn't have sung it if it were inappropriate. The lyrics were written in a very different time period.

There are many Christmas songs which have the word "gay" in them, will they be banned now as they offend that group of people?

I think it is just starting, once the door is unlocked, it will be flung open and anything will be fair game.

Last edited:
The PC granola crunchers have complained and most of the radio stations have pulled the song "Baby it's Cold Outside" which has been playing for what, 80 yrs?

It has been sung by a number of singers who I figure wouldn't have sung it if it were inappropriate. The lyrics were written in a very different time period.

There are many Christmas songs which have the word "gay" in them, will they be banned now as they offend that group of people?

I think it is just starting, once the door is unlocked, it will be flung open and anything will be fair game.

Yepp! Welcome to canada :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I’m taking the Monday off work, Tues and Weds are public hols, so I get a 5 day break, other than that I’m working right through.

Xmas day I’m taking my wife and step kids 100 miles inland and up onto the range to collect my brother in law and all go for Xmas dinner at a reseraunt near his house.

I work the Friday before Xmas and I’m back in the Thursday after.

I will take time off in Jan, Feb or March. Hopefully I will have a new bike by then and I’m also taking the wife to Thailand or Cambodia again.

And this, my friends, is the problem. As per usual things are taken waaaaay too far. People just fail to understand that complaining about everything simply lessens the effect of the complaint. :banghead:
For clarity's sake, I'm not talking about you Yellow09, I'm talking about those offended by everything. Some things are indeed quite offensive, but the threshold of sensitivity has gotten way too low....

Back