So what\'s the best pipe for the buck?

OB_MDBusa

Registered
I'm getting my 2000 Busa Saturday. (Red/Grey)
What pipe makes the most hp on the 2000's. I'm interested in Hindle,Muzzy,Micron. What other pipe's are you guys using. Is anyone using the Two Brothers.

What shoot out?who won ,who was second?Im in the market for a pipe also.Saw RAMAIRS carbon micron last weekend,sounded great.

I wouldn`t touch this with a ten foot pole....I personally like microns but others like the pipe they bought also...theres a lot of misinformation floating around about different pipes too.........

MH good question, he must be thinking of Lee's match up........

I have a full ti RS3 from Yosh, superior fit and quality.....(7 lbs)

The pipes available do not offer any "Great gains" like we saw in the eighties and on. Suzuki did a great job with the OEM system that is why you do not see such BIG NUMBER GAINS.

Horsepower gains from the pipes available should be kept in context, euro busa with cat converters make big gains with a NEW system - bikes here in the states see lower hp increases for the same reason (no cats, in US spec bikes).

You want horsepower, cams, compression, and a pipe.

Yosh makes 200+ with OEM bores.

Carpenter offers a $6,300 205rwhp Busa (1390cc).

Mr Turbo, $3500+ plenty of power, more than anyone needs.

Kawabuser is right. If you look at Leesperformance.com he used to have his results from testing the pipes. I got but for the cost of a pipe you can get cams, and get more horsepower.

How many of you that saw these shootout results heard the man that did it come on here and say the muzzy was the way to go?

MDBUSA:
eliminate "bang 4 buck" thinking and switch to what's got quality, reputation and gonna last ...

personally, you can not beat the Akropovic for craftsmanship and the qualities listed above ...

it costs a little more than some ... but in this instance you get your monies worth!
My 2 cents

If you Akr boys want to go up against a pipe, then bring it on over!

I have the TI FORCE.

6 1/4pds!

Dyno for Dyno.....

(this is not a Flame! The akr is a good pipe)

Your asking a fairly oppiniated bunch here a seriouis Q......I think Two Brothers Racing deserves a very close look. I did some dyno runs a while back, the power curve was very strong, OMEGA will attest to that! No one has ever posted anything to dispute my results either. The quality is far above anything out there. The choices of Canisters is great, it's 19 lbs lighter than stock.
I've said my bit......

godzuki 31---great to ride with another Busa, and an org. member too.

We can have our own shoot out next time down. There are at least two other Busa owners that can join the mix.

Akra, Yosh, Micron, TI Force--I have not seen any solid information giving a big adge to any of em.

ramair1@flash.net
Bob

Hey bobby, got the checkbook ready for the R1? Just a few goodies but their all must haves: damper, akro, jetting.
She becomes a lethal weapon even against busas when set up that way. There's one like that down here that sticks on my asss like a tick. Of course the owner is about 140lbs or so and highly talented. Stock gearing on that baby is 16/43, in other words: up up and AWAAAYY!

OMEGA I remember one fo the pipe shootouts done on a GSXR750 and Muzzy won. however the pipe they used was a race pipe. It won in power and noise. The Akropovic or D&D wern't present for testing to the best of my recolection.

I agree to some extent, but a huge incentive to me was to have a system that weighs under 7lbs as opposed to one that weighs 32.

[This message has been edited by OMEGA (edited 04 April 2000).]

What about the sidekick cans that claim 11HP?What makes these cans produce so much power? I'd like someone to post some accurate dyno results on these cans. Every manufacturer I call to ask about there cans and ask them to compare theirs to the sidekicks 11hp, they say it's bullshit, they don't put out 11hp. Is it bull or are their hard facts to prove otherwise?

Back