So what happens when you get caught going over 100 MPH

I have a CDL and need it for work,right now im 2 points away from losing it,I'll be doing the speed limit for a while

for some reason.I always get singled out of the pack.dont know why???

071908_12411.jpg

Last edited:
In the great state of iowa, anything over 20 mph over posted gets ya jail, and loss of license for whatever the judeg feels like that day. Unles you have a good attorney who blows the judge then you get off with a minor slap on the wrist.

@VIPER do you have a link to a page that explains the Iowa statutes? I have looked before and the info has been very confusing on contradictory.

LOL, sometimes life with it's rules makes no sense at all.

It is legal to buy a street bike which can do 120mph in second gear in a few seconds.

But use it and you end up in jail.

we have all pushed the pedestrian light but I found put in conversation you could in theory get the following tickets in Ontario
Abandoning a motorcycle in a driving lane
Parking more than 15CM (6 in) from a curb. which is the official distance apparently. Who knew?\
Improper use of a pedestrian crossing aid
I have never heard of it happening but it could :)

I believe it’s over 25 and it is the cops discretion. I have a few friends that were cops and that’s what he told me a few years ago.

Thanks. I have a friend that's a Sheriffs Deputy and I need to ask him about this stuff but I always forget when we are chatting.

Thanks. I have a friend that's a Sheriffs Deputy and I need to ask him about this stuff but I always forget when we are chatting.

I concurr its 25. For some reason i was thinking it was 20. ver 25 and its considered reckless driving ....

Penalty for reckless driving in Iowa
In this state, traveling 25 mph or more over the speed limit is automatically considered reckless driving.
First-time violators may:
  • Be fined between $50 and $500 (plus an additional 30% penalty)
  • Be sentenced to up to 30 days of jail time
  • Have their license suspended for up to one year
Violators may be required to attend traffic school, and/or may be able to have their speeding fine and/or points reduced by attending these classes.

Iowa Speed Limits, Laws, and Fines | YourMechanic Advice

In the great state of iowa, anything over 20 mph over posted gets ya jail, and loss of license for whatever the judeg feels like that day. Unles you have a good attorney who blows the judge then you get off with a minor slap on the wrist.
jesus…. don't they have more important stuff to do? is this enforced? Are their cameras recording everything... maybe that's why they enforce this stuff? those amazing CAMERAS.... I HATE em… cell phones too.... soooo many times cameras screw us over.... cell phones are often used against defendants accused of serious crimes.... "pinging" off towers....

jesus…. don't they have more important stuff to do? is this enforced? Are their cameras recording everything... maybe that's why they enforce this stuff? those amazing CAMERAS.... I HATE em… cell phones too.... soooo many times cameras screw us over.... cell phones are often used against defendants accused of serious crimes.... "pinging" off towers....
Yup have a friend that was a cop told he how he caught his sister in-law going 81 in a 55 he didn’t really like her so he arrested her for it.

Back