So what gives with the reflectors?

I removed mine as well. I also made my bike really loud. With the bike load, people know your around. Parking lots are a whole lot different. That is why i carry full coverage insurance on my bike. If it get's knocked over, or hit, i get it fixed or replaced with minimal cost to me. Insurance is the key.

I'm with ya on the reflectors...still got 'em and I don't plan to move 'em. While they don't really flow with the bike, I don't think they look "awful" and they do provide an eye catching "point of light" in various situations that may help prevent trouble, especially in low light conditions.

On the other hand, I've still got the "Don't hurt yourself on this motorcycle!" stickers on the bike. :laugh:

Mine are on, I don't want to live the following good news bad news story: "Bad news is that I got broadsided in the intersection, good news is that my bike was looking stone trick at the time of impact." My luck some insurance lawyer would convince some bike hater jury that it was my fault for "removing the safety devices".... All I see is the road & the dash when I ride it anyway... Of course 'StromBusa Hyde" votes for stripping the girl down to the bone & runnin straight pipes....:whistle:

Back