So what gives with the reflectors?

Leave them on as they do add to your low light conspicuity. I'm keeping mine on as well.

The only bike I ever removed the reflectors on was my first 1984 XLX-61. That's only because I was young and stupid :whistle:

Young and stupid here, I vote pull em off! :laugh:

they ruin the lines on the rear of the bike and just don't look right on the forks--take them off and duct tape them to your jacket or helmet:rofl:

they ruin the lines on the rear of the bike and just don't look right on the forks--take them off and duct tape them to your jacket or helmet:rofl:

But then they'd ruin the lines of my biceps...or "guns" as some people refer to them.

Like the public even see's the reflectors. I drive a bright orange pickup truck and people still don't see me. Suzuki put reflectors on for one thing, so they could sell the Busa in America.

it should be law that all women must take them off....the more naked they are the better...lol
:laugh:

I searched through about 40 pages of reflectors using google shopping search. Think the oval one would look better than the round ones. Couple other interesting ones below (if you're Irish or German), but none that got me excited. Checked ebay for some automotive reflectors and found some NOS antique parts with nice chrome bezels and such, but wayyy too pricey.

EC0U.jpg

german.gif

irish.jpeg

Last edited:
I searched through about 40 pages of reflectors using google shopping search. Think the oval one would look better than the round ones. Couple other interesting ones below (if you're Irish or German), but none that got me excited. Checked ebay for some automotive reflectors and found some NOS antique parts with nice chrome bezels and such, but wayyy too pricey.

5ba84be9.jpg

Take them off - take pics - post pics - then put them back on.:laugh:
I should have done this myself, as you can see it does distract from the over all look of the bike.
Does anyone know where to get the Kanji replacements for the reflectors?
Bubba

IMG_0627.jpg

Yank them

As well as all the stickers.

Just looks better.
Plus if you yank all the reflectors, you have places to install 4 more spikes! ! !

And Bubba, I love the Gen II in silver. That would be my choice. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Agree, many jackets have reflective piping, emblems, etc that are more visible than the two little reflectors and they don't stand out or look terrible. I have seen some riders in the area with the high visibility vests, more on BMWs than anything else. They don't look as well but man do they stand out. I've also seen a couple guys with reflective tape on helmets, if done properly it doesn't look bad at all on some helmets.

Either way it's a personal choice as to how much or how little you reflect, more is never going to hurt.

Didn't somebody do that on here a while ago, and posted pic.'s ? I think it was a Kanji logo, and if I remember right, it looked pretty good.

With and without reflectors...you decide:)

It is funny that your flash really makes the relectors stand out. I say your photo is a screaming example of how much those reflectors make your bike stand out. It is all in the lighting I guess. I left mine all on because untill I heard people complain on here, I never noticed them over how good the rest of the bike looks. :thumbsup:

Back