So The BUsa is for sale and I've been shopping

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
So the Rockster is entertaining... I mean really fun and different. Good Power, smooth running and fun. Quirky but a lot of fun. Very well balanced, and the suspension is a gem.

So yeah.... I thought well hell I should at least ride a Ulysses, I've been reading good things about it, why not?

I'll tell ya why not!!! It's embarrassing it is so bad. Here is a machine that only Moto-Journalists chasing ad dollars or a poor bastard that has never ridden anything but Harley's could love...

It is a good handling, comfortable machine, this is true. BUT, it rattles and shakes like a damned paint mixer at anything below about 2200 RPMS... Really it's embarrassing to be sitting in traffic on this thing whilst it's doing it best impression of a damned epileptic in mid seize... NO, an epileptic full of caffeine and crank duct taped to the paint mixer in mid seize. Then once underway it quits trying to shake itself to pieces in big beefy Vibes, instead focusing it's wrath on the foot pegs and smaller high frequency vibes... My foot was Numb after about 5 minutes, no fooling numb from the vibes channeled straight into my feet. Not to mention that these very foot pegs get super slippery when wet. WTF? I'd swear they polished the crown of the pegs... It was very slippery, spooky they were so slippery in fact.

OK, once on the highway things do smooth out nicely, BUT now the front end weaves, and twitches a little here and there. No ****! Freaking feels like the beginnings of a low speed tank slapper, only in a straight line at 70mph.

OH and lemme tell you about the SATANIC HAIRDRYER that lives under the seat... The apparent purpose of which is to scare small animals and children away from a just parked bike. The freakin Huge fan kicks on, screaming like a bearing in pain after you shut off the bike and walk away. It's embarrassing it's so damn loud, comical in it's horrific absurdity.

Hell it's so bad I dunno what I am going to tell my co-workers who were telling me what a fantastic bike it was... WTF are they smoking??? Have none of them ever ridden a damned Honda???

Probably not and that's a good thing, it's the only way people are going to buy these bikes. We are counting on a demographic that has NEVER EVER ridden a bike other than a Harley, it's the only way that a reasonable person could think the Buells were "AWESOME"...

I'm sad it is so bad...

The Rockster though, a kick in the butt, great handling and very solid and comfy feeling. Good stuff and the heated grips were a bonus.

So, I ride a VFR on Tuesday and then decide between the VFR and it's creamy Goodness, or the Rockster and it's Funky weirdness. I'll tell ya the 25th ANN VFR is a sexy Beetch... But the Rockster is like $7500 used and entertaining in a different way, so we'll see... I've always wanted a VFR. Hell since 1994 I've wanted a VFR, but if it doesn't just blow me away? I'll be buying a funky Boxster and having it custom painted.

Cheers.
BMW Rockster... Huge fun, not serious fun like the Busa, but light hearted good time fun, reminded me of why I started riding.
R1150R_Rockster_e1.JPG

The 25th Anniversary VFR is a Calling me though: Reminds me of the VFRs I wanted back int he Early 90s before I even had my license... Love the Colors.
07_VFR800_TriColor_r.jpg

Damn Rev... Selling the Busa? What next? Selling the RX8?
jump9.gif
(yes, I do realize it was sold...)

I LOVE the VFR's... Almost had one a while ago. AWESOME bike, and sounds WICKED with an exhaust...

I've been thinking about getting something like those too. After reading the review Pashnit did on the Ulysses, I have to say it is definitely out of the running. He had the same things to say about the nuances you mentioned. What a turn off. I will not consider a Buell DualSport until they start using the high rev Rotax twin that recently ended up in the new Sport bike they just started marketing. Too bad, the Ulysses sure looks cool.
You got me salivating over the Rockster in the pic above, sure looks nice.

I haven't ridden the BMW but I like the look of that pic you posted. The front looks funky indeed and I really like the single sided swing arm. "It is what it is" and you know that, so I vote for the Beemer. The Honda is nice, as mentioned, but it looks like almost every other sport bike.......

The new Buell 1125 looks worth checking out. Based on the reviews I've read Rotax fixed the only problem Buell himself couldn't...
smile.gif

the paint on that bimmer is kool.

that 25th anni vfr is lookin' good with the old color scheme on it. throw a lower windshield on it and it'll look reeeal racey. i looked at that bike before the busa but felt i would outgrow the power.

decisions decisions huh Rev

beerchug.gif

I like that VFR, my first sport bike was an 85 Interceptor, loved that thing.

If you not tired of inlines like I am , the Bandit 1250N " would need to de-fairing the North American model " could make a cool , unusual ride .

But then again so could a highly modded ST1300 . Sky's the limit  
smile.gif

SuzukiGSF1250NBandit.jpg

Sorry to hear you're selling the Bus, but at least your staying on 2 wheels
wink.gif

(Shibumi @ Sep. 30 2007,06:45) The new Buell 1125 looks worth checking out. Based on the reviews I've read Rotax fixed the only problem Buell himself couldn't...
smile.gif
True True... We've already pre-sold five of the new Buells. It would seem that the public has been waiting for a real engine in these chassis.

The Ulysses is begging for a real engine. The 1200 twin is an archaic POS.

Yeah the BMW is umm... Different. I never really considered the BMWs until I got my car. I have fallen in love with my car a lot more than I expected. It's got handling, feel, and performance far beyond anything else I've driven and it's also got soul, or character if you will. So I was curious if BMWs motorcycles had the same characteristics and to some extent they do.

They are quirky, and the switch gear is just silly, but otherwise they are really fun to ride. The VFR is something that I've wanted since about 1986 really, but twice I've passed up the opportunity to get one and bought Suzuki's instead. This time though, I'm going to at least take a VFR for a good long ride and see what I think.

I've been enjoying the other bikes, and to be honest, finally deciding to sell the Busa has kind of taken a weight off my shoulders that I didn't know I was carrying. It's been refreshing to get on two wheels that aren't attached to 160HP and that you can just cruise around on and be mellow.

I'll miss the Busa though, I really enjoyed riding her.

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 30 2007,10:03)An 1800cc Honda just begging for a supercharger .[/Quote]
WTFizzat?!?
eek2.gif
rock.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
(Shibumi @ Sep. 30 2007,11:52)

(mountainmotor @ Sep. 30 2007,10:03)An 1800cc Honda just begging for a supercharger

WTFizzat?!?
eek2.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

That is a new Honda concept bike. I think Honda has been feeling the hit after discontinuing the Valkryie and replacing it with that Harley wannabee Clone the VTX. Pretty sure that Honda is looking for new and different ways to get their flat six out there.

If you've never heard an uncorked Flat six honda motor? It's something really unique...

post-12-64608-396547445129993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I took the Buell For another ride today, (It goes back today). I can officially say... that the motorcycling Press is completely full of crap. The magazines are little more than propped up shills, give lip service to whomever pays them enough money, provides enough ad dollars.

It's the only thing that makes sense. There is no other explanation for all the positive, heck outright GLOWING praise the Ulysses has gotten over the last year or two.

Yeah, I'm picky sure, but I am not new to motorcycles. I know what a twin should feel like, I know what triples, fours, and sixs feel like V's or otherwise. But the comical flailing around of the 1200CC H-D twin is just plain lame. It's not cool, it's not even quaint. The wife hopped on for about 15 seconds, laughed heartily and climbed off. Combine it with the antique tranny and you can wrap all the high tech frame and pseudo engineering you want around it and it won't make any difference.

Anyway, yeah I am pissed off. I feel as though the press is just telling tales... being nice to the OEM's cause it's all about money in the US, not about any sort of integrity or truth. Lame.

So Tomorrow I will be riding the VFR. I've been wanting one for a long time but if it doesn't blow me away comfort and handling wise then I'll be getting the funky a55 Rockster.

I am really looking for something slower, more practical. I've found up here in Washington that the opportunities to really stretch the Busa's legs are about nil. I didn't buy the Busa for braggin rights or some misguided fashion statement. I bought it to ride fast and I'm learning that there just isn't a lot of opportunities to do so up here.

I want a bike that will help me keep my license in good standing while still being entertaining.

Cheers...

Back