so THATS why the bike felt so weird

AZIROC

Registered
so ever since i got the bike.. its been a b*tch 2 turn... hell, even lean. for about a week i havent bene able 2 figure out why this thing has been so hard to turn and about 100 it has alot of headshake. well today b 4 i left work, i decided 2 check the tire pressure seeing how thats the only thing left that i havent checked. so yea.. front tire was at 18 psi and rear was at 21 !
wow.gif
lol. yea... so i filled it up to 40 psi. haha. now she moves! gawd i fell so dumb.

Might want to check a few other things....water/coolant, oil....

So you picked up your bike in LA a week or two ago and never checked the tire pressure
rock.gif

I know that you were all excited about the new toy....that thing will do 186 in stock trim....probably the most important thing to keep an eye on is your tires.

When you get a chance, do me a favor....take the time to read the owners manual. No matter how boring or basic it may seem it will help you somewhere down the line.

At 100 if you had to do a panic type stop with only 18psi in the front....we might not have been talking right now....

I'm on my fifth bike and when ever I get a new one I read the owners manual....cover to cover....you'll be suprised how much it helps later on.

We all make mistakes....just take care of that thing and wear your gear.

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112058544 -->

lol.. thing is.. i DID check all that when i got it.   thats why i didnt even think about the tires.. because i thought i did check them.  apparently i forgot.  haha
I know its ha ha now....but that just scares me to think of what could have happened.

Last Sat I went on a ride and we were hittin' speeds of 150+ all day....at one time I got both wheels completely air born at 135....last thing that I did before I left the house was to check my air pressure....I had just checked them Thursday when I put on a new rear....I checked them again that mourning because I new that we were going to be ridin' hard.

lol.. thing is.. i DID check all that when i got it. thats why i didnt even think about the tires.. because i thought i did check them. apparently i forgot. haha
I know its ha ha now....but that just scares me to think of what could have happened.

Last Sat I went on a ride and we were hittin' speeds of 150+ all day....at one time I got both wheels completely air born at 135....last thing that I did before I left the house was to check my air pressure....I had just checked them Thursday when I put on a new rear....I checked them again that mourning because I new that we were going to be ridin' hard.
thing is, i check my tire pressure ATLEAST 2 times a week and have dont this for the last 3 years of owning a bike. so this is why im so shocked at myself for not checking. thankfully, i havent even started 2 play with this bike. heck, i have yet 2 go past 100 mph or 5000 rpms(for the past week i have been right about 50-70mph except for taking it up to abotu 100-105 for a quick, whats it feel like, run). ive been trying 2 figure out why the bike has been feeling like it has, but couldnt figure out why.. ofcourse, till now. so thats why ive been real gentle with it. now knowing what the problem was.. i cant beleive i made it all the was from cali without having any "problems". this is a great example on why you should check your tire pressure constantly... ife something would have happened.. i may not b here typing this.

I check my tire pressure before EVERY SINGLE ride, period. If I don't have time to do a pre-flight check of all the important stuff I don't have time to take the bike where ever I'm going.

Fwiw though, an incident similar to yours is what prompted that attitude so I'm not acting like I do no wrong.
wink.gif
Mine wasn't NEAR that low, but it was low enough to cause ill handling.

One plus that comes out of this is that you now know from experience what a low tire feels like. Now, if you feel this again you know to pull the fug over and check things out before you go further, or do something stupid like rail on it when it feels that way.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I'm with BT on this one. I always have a tire gauge in my pocket & check the pressures before every ride.
cool.gif

The first step is admitting that you're dumb. The second is telling everyone so they can laugh at your mistake. j/k
tounge.gif

AZIROC - seriously, thanks for posting that. If one guy now checks his tire presure and says, wow, had no idea they were this low, etc. Good on ya for sharing.

yea.. it explains why my rear tire would grip pretty good on a launch too!  haha

<!--EDIT|AZIROC
Reason for Edit: "cant spell worth a damn"|1112074068 -->

Yeah, that'll do it. Man learn this lesson bro. You got off lucky!

I had the same problem last weekend on my ride. Turns out I picked up a nail, lost about 10 lbs in 2 hours or so... It makes a huge differenced don't it?

I must admit that I don't regularly check my air pressure. I know I should have been, but have it on my mental list of checks to do before riding. Lots of reading that I have been doing emphasizes the importance of braking and traction. And without proper inflation in the tires you wind up not getting all that you need at a very crucial moment! Glad I didn't have to learn this one the hard way!

you need to hook up with lazerblade. He dont own a pressure gauge.

Look.....here he is watching the fine art of how to fill up a tire. Look at the confused look on his face!!
laugh.gif

SMALLER.jpg

Back