So many thanks to everyone...riders that made the trip for my Dad, please check in...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I was so humbled (again) today by all in my life that have helped me through this.

The following oRg members made the trek to honor my Dad, and words don't even touch how special it was that they did so...

sageronin (for those that have been here a while, you know DJ well)...I hadn't seen him in years, but he was one of the first Busa riders my Dad met, and in recent days, cleaning up Dad's house and making room for friends to come visit, I kept seeing a photo of DJ and I here in my tiny town when we'd all rode to the edge of Virginia and had lunch...my Dad had it scrolling through is digital frame and anytime I mentioned the name "DJ", he'd ask how he was doing...Dad liked DJ a lot...I cried like a baby when I saw DJ; I am so incredibly touched he made it here...

LCB...just wow, so many things between us over the years have gone unsaid, and none of that mattered today when I saw she'd made the journey down from Delaware to ride for my Dad. I believe she even contacted the Patriot Guard captain because he's the one that walked up to me and said "Your friend Lisa is over there..." I was confused, shocked, and amazed, and for the first time in years, Lisa and I shared a moment probably long past due...we have some catching up to do and I can't ever express what it meant to see you standing there, ready to ride.

One Fast Busa...this is what always amazes me about the oRg (and something my Dad said he just never could believe when we're all "just a bunch of people on the Internet", but over the years, he saw the connections/friendships made) - I post up about wanting riders to honor Dad, and that led to a fellow VA rider I had yet to meet trekking here for Dad. Donald, so many thanks from my family for being a part of making my Dad's final wishes come true. It means so much that you'd ride all that way for strangers, and I hope we can ride together soon under much better circumstances.

GIXERHPand mizmoo-sa...this was their second stop here in my small town, but this time they were on their bikes and riding for my Dad. It didn't surprise me to see them both; that's just the type of friends that they are and I can't thank them enough for taking the time when they'd just returned from the Fall Bash. It was so great seeing you both again, and John, everyone kept "asking who had that colorful bike?" well after you left. Of course, I told them it was Jen's :p

Omar - words can't describe just how much he's been here to help not just me, but my Dad, my sister, my entire family...he's been our go-to guy, the one that was always thinking 10 steps ahead and keeping us all straight when none of us could even think about the day of the week...today, Omar and I took a 40 minute ride before the service. It just now hit me that *that* was our very first ride together here in VA after years of only riding in Robbinsville here and there when scheduling permitted. It's so sad that our first ride here was to honor my Dad before his funeral, but wow, I'm so thankful to him that he was here to do that with me...he's made all the difference in my world these last two weeks, and everyone here (including myself) think my Dad was waiting for him to be by my side before he took his final journey.

My Blackbird rider friend Dave and his wife Sarah came along; they're not oRg members but I regularly share threads here with Dave and he'd ridden with my Dad in recent years. I love making fun of his bike and he does the same of mine...that they both took the time to come ride for Dad means I have to be nicer to Dave about his Blackbird, but I don't think I can bring myself to it...mental note - don't share this thread with Dave LOL

All-in-all today was as good as it could be...humbling to follow the Patriot Guard, great to see so many on 2 wheels to honor Dad, and I was so glad to see my Dad's Harley in the procession. His cousin bought it last fall and rode in honor of my Dad today; he's kept it just as Dad left it, Air Force emblem in the front fender, blue pin-striping...every time I pass that Harley, I cry, and I told Johnny that *if* he ever sells it, I want it back...I hope one day to have Dad's bike back...

Proudest moment for this Mom - my son Sam wrote a poem for his Grandpop, and my other son David typed it all up and printed a copy for each of them. When the graveside ceremony was over, they both stood up in front of everyone and read it together. Sam couldn't finish; he had had a rough week, but David read on through and they both brought tears to everyone. They then each took an American flag that my Dad's wished for his daughters to receive, and handed one to my sister and one to me. It' a moment I'll forever cherish and I was so proud of them for being so brave...

M -

Re: So many thanks to everyone...riders that made the trip for my Dad, please check i

I'm very sorry Michelle for your loss, and wish you strength as you process your grief.

Today was my Father's 81st birthday, and your loss reminds me of how fortunate I am. We roasted hot dogs at the firepit. He ate a smore. My daughter made him a card with a poem in it. I was very proud of her:

Girls like me need Grandpas like you,
to do things with us and to teach us “How to...â€￾
to show us the way and to guide us through
to LOVE us and CARE ABOUT us;

That is what YOU do
-Callie-

That is such a sweet poem...cherish every moment!!

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Re: So many thanks to everyone...riders that made the trip for my Dad, please check i

Glad is went well Michelle.

glad you had some people turn out to honor your father. im sorry i was unable to make it but i did still ride the day away in his honor. prayers continue for you and your family.
i also send prayers for safe returns for the people who showed up and hope they have a safe return trip.

Wow....you brought me to tears. I am very sorry I couldnt make the trip my sister. I hope my prayers reach you and your family....

Glad your dad got his wish, wish I had been able to get there. I need to make some crutch holders for my bikes. :laugh: Doctor would love that. :rofl:

Prayers to you and yours. I am still not repaired from my bearing melt down but was thinking of you all yesterday and wishing I could have paid my respects on the Busa. Glad it went well and your dad got his last wish thanks to a devoted daughter.

You made it through the worst part Michelle.. Prayers continue for you and your family..

Michelle, It was my pleasure to ride in honor of your dad. We may be just another internet site but the connections you make are priceless. As I said yesterday I lost my father 1 1/2 year ago and not a day goes by that I dont thank God for the time we had together. I just hope when it is my time to go that I am honered in the way that your dad was. It was nice to meet fellow orgsters and get to put the faces with the names(be it real or screen names). I must say the trip to the "end of the world" as I heard many time yesterday was my pleasure and yes when you and Omar want sometime to ride in the mountains or meet up in the middle of the state or where ever just give a shout out. May God give you and your family peace in the following days.

Donald

Michelle, i was very glad i was on the Eastern Shore when this happened, so i was able to make the trip to be there for you!
I may harass you a lot but you give it right back as i deserve. I was proud to be there for you, as was Jen with me.
I am also sooo proud of your two sons for getting up and reading the poem, that was unbelievable, they will both be wonderful young men!

It was an honor for us to be able to join you, Omar and your boys. I was deeply touched by your father's final resting place and the memories the boys share with him there. You couldn't have done better by him. The service was very personal, touching, and honorable. Just through the woods...

Back