So living next to a wetlands sound good??

sledhead

Org's redheaded stepchild with attit
Donating Member
Registered
I dea lwith stupid chirping birds waking me up every morning..see the deer running around which is nice until they jump out in front of my car or bike........and now tonight........I let the dog out to take care of business and theres a freakin' racoon just laying in the front yard.......dog saw it before me and went after it. Thank god he came back when I called him. Any one seen a pissed off/scared racoon? This thing was hissing and growling at me. I grabbed a shovel and went after it...the thing stood up on its hind legs and growled at me....I'm not one to hurt an animal but if that thing got any closer to me I would of creamed it with my shovel. It just stood there and growled at me.....scared the crap outta me!!!

I dea lwith stupid chirping birds waking me up every morning..see the deer running around which is nice until they jump out in front of my car or bike........and now tonight........I let the dog out to take care of business and theres a freakin' racoon just laying in the front yard.......dog saw it before me and went after it.  Thank god he came back when I called him.  Any one seen a pissed off/scared racoon?  This thing was hissing and growling at me.  I grabbed a shovel and went after it...the thing stood up on its hind legs and growled at me....I'm not one to hurt an animal but if that thing got any closer to me I would of creamed it with my shovel.  It just stood there and growled  at me.....scared the crap outta me!!!
Dear My Cousin Vinnie....please leave the indigenous wildlife at rest....as it's not the racoons, opposums or birds you need worry about...it's the mocassins, gators, fire ant and west nile mosquito infestation that can preclude the beauty of life in the wetlands.

Love, Bill.
tounge.gif

you can have that crap dude!!!!! I'll take my psycho coons and deer!!!

raccoons are CRAZY man...I worked a Golf course in FL and we had these dudes just randomly attacking the golf carts...with customers in them!!

Scary when they get angry...:O

My brother in Law harrased a raccoon in FL just before his wedding and almost got owned by a racoon. You never have a video cam when you need one.

Racoons are curious, calm, and relaxed, unless you scare or corner them. Then the Medusa Coon emerges, ready to shred anything that gets near it!

tounge.gif

Raccoons are ferocious fighters and can take on just about anything that gets under their skin. That's why it takes 3 to 6 hounds to hunt a single raccoon. Scary stuff. You betcher asz you're glad your dog didn't tangle with that beast or you woulda had a serious vet bill.

Cute critters, though, eh?
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I held a trio of Racoons at gunpoint in Florida... I heard some rattling of my Air Conditioner unit out back late at night. Seeing as the State is full of Crackheads I grabbed the 12gauge to go see what was up...

So out in the dark I go, creeping around the corner listening to all sorts of racket thinking I got somebody dead Bang. I come round the corner and hit the Area with a mag light and there are Three of the little bandits Looking at me. Two of them immediatly assumed the hands up position (They had done this before apparantly) the Third slunk down the side of the A/C compressor and sorta hid his hands... Swear I thought he was packin... Fuggin little guys were drying off in the wind from the fan I think... Anyway there were cute as hell, and I was in my skivies, so I called it a night...

Used to be a little female Coon out in the wetlands that would show up now and then, scrawny and hungry she was frequently up at the rear sliders looking for an apple or something. We used to feed her Peaches, Banana's, Hell Thanksgiving she got a big piece of ham. I miss the all the critters that come with living on a conservation lot... I saw Bobcats, Deer, Gators, Dillos, Ducks, Lizards, on and On.... Was very cool...

BUT Todays high was about 73 and partly cloudy, yesterday was 72 and sunny... Tampa was what, 90degrees, 90%? Fug that...

Enjoy the Critters Bro...

Some 20 plus years ago during one of them week long Scout camps I saw a Raccoon chase a retired SEAL Scout leader out of a bathroom. He came rushing out backwards jumping and dancing like that kid in the video who had the firecrackers tied to his shoe. Funniest thing i ever seen.

Hand me the
lurk.gif

I live in a new development on a conservation lot off a cul-de-sac in Tampa area. See deer, gators (in small lake off backyard - fence please), freakin' armadillos and the occassional coon pretty often.

Armadillos are harmless but tear your yard and plants to ####. They royally piss me and my wife off and I'll kill one if I ever catch one in the act. I'd let it rot in my garden as a warning to the others.

Sounds like just another day in my neighborhood sled...you need to move further in to suburbia before a rogue banshee finds you
laugh.gif

I recall all the PM's and emails you sent about being excited as heck to be moving to that house with the backyard wetlands.

Life has its little twists eh.

Dont let yer pup get shredded.

Rubb.

Sounds more like the forest then wetlands. I was thinking of the mosqitos with the wetland. Yes those racoons are freaky when they are mad.

Back