So let me get this straight....

Looks to me if the bank were able to locate the bike after the sale they could take it back for reimbursement.

Without a title and used off road they might have a hard time locating it.

Seems quite high to me for no title and possible legal issues. :poke:

Seems the bank would just have the title or no?

How can he have a lien on the bike with no title?

He just doesn't have the title - but you can dang well bet the lienholder does.

If he sold it, he'd be committing a crime - but if he doesn't have anything, it would be civil and difficult to prosecute. The lienholder would come get the bike and the buyer would be out. I'd report that to Craigslist as it's illegal.

I can see buying it with no title for a track bike that u planned on crashing if u cud steal it but he's out of his tree thinkn he's gettn that kinda coin with no title. can fix stupid.

Something doesn't add up.
Otherwise, the buyer would just pay the seller, seller pays bank, bank gives him title, seller gives title to buyer.
He must owe a lot more than book value:laugh:

Here's a copy of the ad since it will almost certainly get flagged at some point...

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING ME, THANKS FOR LOOKING.

Selling my gsxr1000 WITHOUT the title. I still have a lein on the title so would like to sell it as is, NEVER BEEN IN ACCIDENT. DON'T ASK ME ABOUT REQUIRING THE TITLE, selling with BILL OF SALE. Bill of sale will contain yours and mine information as receipt. NO TITLE, SELL WITH BILL OF SALE!!!! AS IS

if you dont have the money, dont waste my time with questions. four one four 975.......5652. only phone calls/text. I AM NOT HURTING FOR MONEY NOR CARE IF I DONT SELL IT. priced at $6800 obo......if cash offers sounds right, Ill let it go.

Info about the bike:
One owner bike
about 22xx miles (under 2,500 miles....slightly going up due to riding in upcoming warmer weather)
everything works, beautiful bike...come check it out and make me an offer.
EVERYTHING WORKS, needs nothing!!!!!
black and matte adition
oil changed at 600 miles
has frame sliders
2 inch drop lowering links
chopped of exhaust, stubby look

SERIOUS INQURIES ONLY....

NO EMAILS .....i will not respond to emails.
NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES

We are all assuming the bike is his in the first place :poke:

I know a guy that sold a car he had at his house with no title. Car wasn't even his someone had left it at his house for storage and he was tired of it being there:rofl:

Anyone who considers that purchase better do a title search and contact the lein holder before the sale. Getting the seller to satify the lein is where it becomes illeagal if not paid.

if you dont have the money, dont waste my time with questions. four one four 975.......5652. only phone calls/text. I AM NOT HURTING FOR MONEY NOR CARE IF I DONT SELL IT. priced at $6800 obo......if cash offers sounds right, Ill let it go.

Made me laugh out loud, honestly. Do-de-do-do-de-do-do you are now entering the twilight zone...

its stolen almost certainly, if not he's going to report it that as soon as you get the bike and he's got the cash. He's basically saying that he's stealing it out from under the bank so who ever buys it is a fool.

Something doesn't add up.
Otherwise, the buyer would just pay the seller, seller pays bank, bank gives him title, seller gives title to buyer.
He must owe a lot more than book value:laugh:

I don't think he's planning on paying the bank :laugh:

I have bought a bike from a seller who did not have the title (still had a bank lien). Went with him to his bank where I paid him via check, which he then used to pay off the bike. I rode the bike home afterwards and waited for the new title in my name which arrived in the mail weeks later. This is the only way I would do this.

There are so many rides on the market. Its a buyers market with the economy the way it is. I would not have read past the second line of this ad.

Not only does he sound like a scammer...he sounds like an azzhole too.

I usually skip right past ads that start with someones personal disclaimer or this krap......

"My cat died,my parrot is sick,my grandmother needs a kidney transplant." "Bike is in another country,need small deposit to have it shipped".

All that krap. Scammers...I hate 'em. There's an easier buy just around the corner.

RSD.

Back