So Ive been gone and Im gonna b lurking now.

Bigfisch

Registered
For those of you that know who I am, and for others that don't.

I haven't been on the board much lately. I have also missed some epic SOCAL rides lately (sorry guys). My life has taken a very strange but good turn. I have 4 children (2 hers from her previous marriage and 2 by birth) 3 boys and a little girl. I have recently decided that my marriage that has been strained for the last 5 years has run its course and I will be filing for divorce (#2 for both of us).

My good turn of events is that I get all 4 kids on my own. Their mom works nights and can not raise them properly. The 2 of us have lived separate lives for the better part of 5 years now and have tried to make it work several times. Things have not changed and I do not see them changing for the positive. So it is no real great loss there.

So with that being said, my getting out and riding days have come to an end for now. I have to go out and buy a cage (I haven't owned a cage in a few months and I loved it) so I can take my heathens around where they need to go. The CHP would frown on having more than one child on the Busa at a time (:banghead:). I have also had to park the Busa for the last week to save money for food (2 teens are eating me out of house and home) and school stuff. I only work 10 miles from home and I have a good bicycle. Besides I have to loose some weight so I can start dating again someday!:rofl:

Well now I have put it out there. Feel free to comment. I am a big guy and have some pretty big shoulders so have at it!:moon:

Derrick

Were you on the ride with Scar and others when we went to Big Bear? Not sorry to hear about your break-up if it is for your better mental health.

Congratulations on arriving at the decisions you have. Identifying a probleming and addressing them are very different things. I am sorry that the resolution involves loss, but in the big picture it sounds like you are very happy to have these children and the opportunity to be so involved in your life. Riding can wait, there is more to life contrary to what some will say to you.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with things, glad you have a positive outlook of everything.

:beerchug::thumbsup:

congradulations...........DAD you have done the most honnored thing a man can do and not only taken steps to ensure your childrens well being but recognized the situation and was man enough to accept (still) hers and giving them the stability all children need. bravo welcome to the club:thumbsup:

Derrick.

You're a good man and a good father for putting your priorities in order and marching forward with a plan. I applaud you.

I know we'll be in touch so it's not 'so long', and I also know that you won't hesitate to make any special circumstances known and allow your friends to step up and be friends.

You'll ride with us again one day...and sooner probably than you think. But to be selfishly honest, I will miss you riding with us regularly.

Big luv, brother.

Scar

Aussie-- Yes that was me riding behind you. Almost pushing you for a while. I am glad to have met and rode with you then. It was blast! I will be out and about again soon. Trust me!

Dadof3- Thank you!

ajblbv- It did take a lot to finally come to the decision. The loss should have really happened a long time ago. I stuck around for my boys.

Chrisjp- Thank you very much for the encouragement! I am the one who is honored to have the positive response.

Scar-What can I say Brother. There is NO way it is "SO Long". I will just be lurking on the board (when my kids let me have the computer) that is. Keeping in touch is 100% what is going to happen. There is no way I can let go of such a good friend!

For those that are in a similar situation (moms and dads) I do applaud you for what you are doing as a parent to support your children. As we know it is a tough world out there and our children are our future (that thought scares the crap out of me! I have a 5YO daughter!:rofl:). Thank you all.

Bigfisch, thanks for the push, really.....Made me think. When you asked me if I came off of a cruiser. Got David L. Hughes book and read it 3 times. Push, lean, throttle on, look at the mirror. Thanks man. Don't stay away long, you are a good man.

Best of luck to you bro. You are doing the right thing so just hang in there when it gets tough and remember your friends are good for more than just being riding buddies. :beerchug:

I :clap: you for stepping up & being a great Father. I am in the midst of going through a similar experience, albeit with one child. It's some stressful sh*t man. So hang in there.
It's all about taking of your kids 1st & foremost. So do what you have to do.... and hey......don't be a stranger around here.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're OK with the situation so move along with your life. Life's to short to live it with someone that you can't get along with. Experience talkin here. You may have to set a bedtime for the kids if you want time on the computer:laugh:. Hang in there man.

:thumbsup: For stepping up, the world needs more folks like you! Best of luck with where life takes you from here. The oRg isn't going anywhere, if you need us just ask.

Damn Derrick! That's a big burden for one man to handle. Keep your sense of humor and don't sweat the small stuff. As a proud father of none, Lamb can't really put himself in your shoes. Being surrounded by friends with kids does give one some insight into how difficult it is though. Good Luck. Lamb will have a cold one in your name!!:beerchug:

Last edited:
Good form Derrick, I applaud you and all that you do for your children.
We will ride again soon I assure you. I have kids that will babysit for us and be happy to do it.
Really enjoy your company and riding with you too much to wait too long.
I am going to be doing more weekends in the mountains and plan on getting together on way or another.
:beerchug: for you and the example you set for all of us.
Talk soon ya hoon:laugh:
Bubba

Thank you all for your support and very kind words. The encouragement is worth more than gold to me right now. I truly believe that I am doing the right thing for not only myself, but also for my kids. To me they are my life, after that its the great people that I have met here on the.oRg!

Thanks again all. It truly does mean a lot.
Derrick

dang, shipmate...sorry to hear about your situation. Given your current circumstance, I wouldn't mind making the ride over to your place instead of us meeting HALFWAY. Good time for my new scoot to meet yours ! :) (plus, really need a good reason to take my "new" bike for a spin)

Last edited:
Back