So I'm riding to southern Mexico in a few weeks...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Hello all. Haven't been on in a while. Shame on me. I hope all the NE peeps are all doing well and trying to survive the worst winter in years. I mean how many mornings have I woken up to -30 ? :banghead:

At Easter, I leave for my month long trip to ride down to Oaxaca Mexico and possibly guatamala if time permits. Four 10 hour days of riding slab to get to the border. Arghhhh......

Sadly, and I mean very sadly, I cannot take the Busa for this trip. The speed bumps or as they are called in Mexico,topes are very high and NOT suitable for my slightly lowered Busa. Some so high,the riders do something called'high centering" on thier adventure bikes,where the bike sits on the skid plate with both tires off the ground.

Not Busa friendly. Which makes me very sad, as my Busa is so comfortable,so reliable, just soooo amazing as a more than capable sport touring machine, I am going to be heartbroken to leave her at home. She is going to wonder why I am leaving her,like she is being punished.

I will be doing this trip solo. Four days ride to the border, 12/14 days bumming around Mexico ,and then I MAY take a little longer coming back, maybe swing through the gap and the lower BRP.depends how much money and motivation I have left.???

No habla espanol,lo ciento!

how are you doing, Skittles? i figured you were under about 15 feet of snow and couldn't get a wi-fi signal :laugh: sounds like you've got another first class trip planned, what kind of bike are you actually taking?

I was wondering where you disappeared to a few weeks back girl! Sorry you can't take the Busa, but you'll have a great trip anyway. Take lots of pics and share with the gang here and I hope the weather shows signs of spring and sunshine all along the way!!! :thumbsup:

I am taking the worlds most boring motorcycle...2003 BMW F650 GS. Now, granted, it gets killer fuel mileage,approx cost to ride from Toronto to Oaxaca MX, $200. But, goodness, the gearbox on that thing,crash,bang, the BMW engineers could learn a thing or two from Suzy engineers. I find it a very uncomfortable ride. All that 51 HP, look out!

But, when it goes over,no damage and there are sure lots of tie down points and its light as a feather. The pegs don't feel like they fold up to easily when I am cornering, I am constantly dragging the pegs. I haven't figured out yet that it's not a sport bike.

Last summer, I was riding up one of the twisties ,or what passes for twisties up here, and I guess I was pushing it past its comfort zone because I got into a big head shake. When we got to the top, the rider behind me was a bit shaken up...OMG! I saw your bike ....and...and...OMG!! ....LOL.......calm down, I didn't hit the Tarmac so it's all good.

Although, I may have another bike coming into the stable.....stay tuned!

Ay Oaxaca, es uno de lo Estados mas lindos, lleno de historia, de cultura, y de un clima mucho muy agradable, sinceramente. Te vas a divertir mucho pero....

ooops... sorry I drifted in to my español here, my bad :p

Shnizzle, ride safe, enjoy, I know it's gonna be a trip for the record books, mark my words.
Keep my email handy in case you need it.

Salud, y hasta pronto

Have been worried about you. :laugh: Dropped your name on someone trying a big trip just a month ago. Have a blast. Great to hear from you.

Have been worried about you. :laugh: Dropped your name on someone trying a big trip just a month ago. Have a blast. Great to hear from you.

Thank you. I have been away to long. Spending most of my winter on an adventure forum, planning ect.i will come here more often in the future. You are all good people....

Cheers?

Im hoping to do a trip to Madrid myself this summer maybe aug 1 or so as a matter of fact. taking route 66. I hope anyway. be careful and have fun!

oh and take pics

Back