so i'm curious guys....

I wanted it to scare the **** out of me everytime I let it rip. It did the first few times now I just want more. Besides I wanted to have the fastest thing on the street. A turbo Busa commands respect, and ppl think you are crazy for wanting a busa faster. I wanted to ensure that when these new liter bikes keep coming out faster and faster I would keep beating them. :overlord:

The 160HP I had wasn't slow but I was looking for something that I could ride on the street that would want to make blood rush to my head.....For the money well actually even if you had the money your not gonna find anything that can reliably go as fast as a Turbo Hayabusa and be able to ride it on the street. I went straight from 160HP to a test ride on a friends 315HP busa and I wanted more after about 20 minutes....so I saved up my money and went big time turbo. Its all all in preference though...hell in six months I might come to the conclusion that its to dangerous and go back stock, who knows

Where do you open this thing up at? Do you go to the track. I know around here interstates is out, LEOs around every corner. Backroads,,eh..kinda risky. Lots of debree on the roads are here. Just where do you guys unload at?

what kind of opponent does it take to make one feel the need to turbo a busa? i pose this question in a nearly serious manner. is being peeled off a stock busa just not enough? given, i'm new to it (busas not bikes) but when the front end shoots up in second so easily i just find it hard to fathom wanting it faster. maybe i need that sweet detuning map. ;)

ps. i am in love with the brute power of these things.
I boosted because at my elevation there just wasn't enough power stock to thrill me ;) But I've been riding big bikes for years, and needed a step up in power and thrills that the factories will never do :(

Stock is plenty. Don't let anyone tell you otherwize, especiaaly if you are happy with what is there. As for me I got on a quest for speed. I am now looking at something that will get me to 300mph that I can afford.

Where do you open this thing up at? Do you go to the track. I know around here interstates is out, LEOs around every corner. Backroads,,eh..kinda risky. Lots of debree on the roads are here. Just where do you guys unload at?

pretty much where ever i feel the need.....i just kinda do a look around for the law and then let her rip

I just always wanted a turbo and I ride bikes
So put the two together and Walla Out comes a

TURBO BUSA
:beerchug:

The answer is simple. BECAUSE IT'S A TURBO BUSA BABY. How many people can say they have the ba**s to ride one.

If you have to ask the question you don't need it. Other then that it is because you can. i am looking for 300mph

You guys are incredible. Coming from the H-D world the Busa is like the space shuttle. Guess I'll need to ride for a year or so to understand. I mean almost 200mph from the factory is a real butt hauler.

I'm right there with ya.
I've got 200k + on two wheels, all on bikes that wouldn't go 100mph. ie old harleys, and rusted jap bikes when I was a kid.

I've ridden a few sport bikes on loan, like 500 miles total, but I don't rag on borrowed bikes, and the fastest one was a 87 fj1200...NO match for a Busa.

I got my Busa last year, bone stock and I am still FLOORED. I've been called a puss by a few people (not here) but DAMN this thing is Godzilla in a can.

I'm not sayin, I can't see a need for more power...but for me, not yet, I'll wait till the boredom I've heard about sets in.:laugh::beerchug:

Rob

I've just recently made this jump but there were several reasons. First off I ride with a bunch of 160lb guys on new gsxr 1ks stretched and slammed. I weigh 230 suited and its getting harder and harder to stay out in front. When I go to the dragstrip with 4 or 5 friends, and their bikes, theres no way I am gonna leave being the slowest bike. Besides that alot of Oklahoma roads are straight and flat which means there are alot of Busas and zx14s as it is, so mine needs to be different.:laugh:

The 160HP I had wasn't slow but I was looking for something that I could ride on the street that would want to make blood rush to my head.....For the money well actually even if you had the money your not gonna find anything that can reliably go as fast as a Turbo Hayabusa and be able to ride it on the street. I went straight from 160HP to a test ride on a friends 315HP busa and I wanted more after about 20 minutes....so I saved up my money and went big time turbo. Its all all in preference though...hell in six months I might come to the conclusion that its to dangerous and go back stock, who knows

Nah, then it'll be time to add a 150 shot of NOS...

Back