so i'm curious guys....

mcneece

Registered
what kind of opponent does it take to make one feel the need to turbo a busa? i pose this question in a nearly serious manner. is being peeled off a stock busa just not enough? given, i'm new to it (busas not bikes) but when the front end shoots up in second so easily i just find it hard to fathom wanting it faster. maybe i need that sweet detuning map. ;)

ps. i am in love with the brute power of these things.

what kind of opponent does it take to make one feel the need to turbo a busa? i pose this question in a nearly serious manner. is being peeled off a stock busa just not enough? given, i'm new to it (busas not bikes) but when the front end shoots up in second so easily i just find it hard to fathom wanting it faster. maybe i need that sweet detuning map. ;)

ps. i am in love with the brute power of these things.
well besides thinking the thread title said "so i'm curious gay" :laugh:

Had this very same conversation with a fellow here that rides a Pro Stock motorcycle.. he said the exact same thing (and this is a guy that goes pretty darn fast :))

we decided it was over compensation.. :whistle:

You buy a Busa and for the first year you're like holy shid, then you start getting use to it and 180 just isn't enough anymore. That's when you start thinking Turbo, and the disease is progressive, because I've heard of + 700 RWHP Busas out there.

:laugh:

you don't have to have an internet connection just some people like it. I'm sure the ones that have never been on the net before ask a similar question... "why do you need it?"

some people tiptoe through life with their head down so they don't trip over anything while others prefer to look around and risk tripping on a crack.

It's all about bragging rights unless you are a serious track addict or professional racer.

What I have noticed about most big HP street guys is all they have is HP which is unmanageable without suspension.

You get used to the power, then want more. A turbo doesn't match my riding style, but I've spent 1,000s of $$$ to gain an extra 10-15 HP. Turbos are very cost effective power adders.

It's all about bragging rights unless you are a serious track addict or professional racer.

What I have noticed about most big HP street guys is all they have is HP which is unmanageable without suspension.
You ever heard of a boost controller?

There is no such thing as enough power. Everyone needs more power.
HP is like money, you can never have too much :) pulling the pin on a 6000+hp motor is a treat only a few will ever get.. :)

The power of a stock Busa does get common place after a while and you want more and more speed to feed the disease:40__s:

You guys are incredible. Coming from the H-D world the Busa is like the space shuttle. Guess I'll need to ride for a year or so to understand. I mean almost 200mph from the factory is a real butt hauler.

The 160HP I had wasn't slow but I was looking for something that I could ride on the street that would want to make blood rush to my head.....For the money well actually even if you had the money your not gonna find anything that can reliably go as fast as a Turbo Hayabusa and be able to ride it on the street. I went straight from 160HP to a test ride on a friends 315HP busa and I wanted more after about 20 minutes....so I saved up my money and went big time turbo. Its all all in preference though...hell in six months I might come to the conclusion that its to dangerous and go back stock, who knows

Back