So I Went And Did A Thing..........

Several here have owned in the past or still do own Harleys. In fact, many here own various brands. Sitting in our garage right now - 2 Busas, a Harley Streetglide and a Kawi Z125.

Great thing about the oRg, a good ribbing among friends is fun, but we've got quite a varied ownership fabric here and most respect that.
so... should I not post these things ? any new ideas for the site? or are u busy with other things.

Hey show some respect..I bet you didn't know this BUT A Harley rider INVENTED the toothbrush. Proof you ask? If we had invented it then it would have been called a teethbrush Bahahaha
HAHAHAHA... its funny cause its TRUE.... lol... some of these guys just don't care about their teeth AT ALL

I got a 1200 Sportster with Hammer piston kit and ported heads that makes over 110 hp and been up to 130 mph and at that speed she does a little dance.
It's a different ride compared to my B King and love riding them both.

Last year a Turkey Vulture hit me at 50 mph and I went down on my Sporty, broke some bones but picked the bike up and road it home.

so... should I not post these things ? any new ideas for the site? or are u busy with other things.
I don't understand where you are coming from with this? PM Sent.

Whenever I see that sort of riding on those Harleys , I am amazed to say the least , those dudes are wheelie champs . Has anyone got that link where this Harley rider ( don't know what model ) with ape hangers I think , carving up a twisting road really quite fast and on the absolute edge , with a sport bike following ?
That is some wild footage , nearly comes unstuck , but gets it done for sure .
My old neighbor lent me his 1200 sporty for about 6 months while I was waiting for my insurance payout back in the late '80's , and I really liked that bike . Showed me there was life at the posted speed limits in built up areas , just cruising around . I remember when 100 bhp was the goal for hot Harleys back around then , and there was this Japanese race team in some twin class over there . They built a sportster based ( i believe ) racer , running Over Racing chassis components and all sorts of trick stuff , it was called 'Lucifer's Hammer' , and had an honest 100 plus bhp and was pretty fast and successful . Think Motorcyclist Mag did an article on it early '90's . I would love a 1200 done like that or one properly done like a real XR flat tracker .

Whenever I see that sort of riding on those Harleys , I am amazed to say the least , those dudes are wheelie champs . Has anyone got that link where this Harley rider ( don't know what model ) with ape hangers I think , carving up a twisting road really quite fast and on the absolute edge , with a sport bike following ?
My old neighbor lent me his 1200 sporty for about 6 months while I was waiting for my insurance payout back in the late '80's , and I really liked that bike . Showed me there was life at the posted speed limits in built up areas , just cruising around . I remember when 100 bhp was the goal for hot Harleys back around then , and there was this Japanese race team in some twin class over there . They built a sportster based ( i believe ) racer , running Over Racing chassis components and all sorts of trick stuff , it was called 'Lucifer's Hammer' , and had an honest 100 plus bhp and was pretty fast and successful . Think Motorcyclist Mag did an article on it early '90's . I would love a 1200 done like that or one properly done like a real XR flat tracker .

You mean this guy?

That is a fun to watch video. I’ve watched it a few times and never gets old.

My friend Andy used to head to the Dragon with me; I personally loved having a friend with a Harley. He'd carry my stuff :laugh:

He rode his Road King like he'd stolen it, had a JIMS race motor in it; made Killboy's highlights a few times, impressed some of the faster Busa riders we had because he'd pass some of them. Andy's still around; only lives 2 miles from me, but sadly he sold the HD and has yet to pick up another bike...

Andy_Killboy.jpg

Back