So, I just bought a..........

todd moyer

Registered
I bought an MV Agusta Brutale 1090 a couple days ago. No it won't replace the Busa and I'm not planning on unloading it anytime soon...... I started looking for something different quite a while back but I really wasn't sure what I wanted. I've been torn between buying a bagger / tourer style (Harley or Victory) and an adventure style (BMW or Ducati Multistrada). My wife isn't quite ready to make the step to either of the styles I was looking at so I changed up my search. This opened up the selection but in return was quickly narrowed by my personal preference. I've owned five Ducatis previously, one being an 07' S4R so I looked hard at the new Monster 1200S. I'd found what I was looking for and the price / deal was right. On the short list at the same time was a new Brutale. On a whim I called a dealer checking on a couple things, found they had a left over 13' base model and the price they quoted was one I couldn't walk away from.

I haven't collected the bike yet but my wife will be picking it up this coming weekend with any luck. I've wanted an MV for a long time and finally the time has come. I won't be laying hands on the bike until late December when I am home on vacation again though :( But at least the Hayabusa will have company for the winter..........

Awaiting collection.
2013Brutale1090-Copy_zps963dc671.jpg

Fionna put to bed for the season.
IMG_0703_zpsf73dc097.jpg

If I could only get the stupid picture sorted and be the right way up........ I've flipped it and re-flipped it but the thing just won't cooperate for me :banghead:

Beautiful bike; my buddy has one, and you won't be disappointed. When you get a chance, take an H-D Fat Boy Lo for a ride. I did and bought one. Incredibly comfortable.

Thank you for all the complements! I can't wait to be home again and check it out in person. With any luck my wife will pick it up on Saturday :cheerleader:

Looks Good.

Just curious - Is the wife going to ride it home or trailer it home?

Nah, the wifey won't be riding the Brutale home :( She'll load up and strap her down in our Neo trailer for a safe trip home. It's just over 3 hours each way and the weather isn't looking great. A bit to chilly she says lol.

I to was looking for more upright riding style. Looked at that bike which was very sweet looking but ended up coming home with this after a 5 min test ride. This thing is crazy.
FullSizeRender2_zpsfa65a860.jpg
Still have the Busa as well.

I to was looking for more upright riding style. Looked at that bike which was very sweet looking but ended up coming home with this after a 5 min test ride. This thing is crazy.
FullSizeRender2_zpsfa65a860.jpg
Still have the Busa as well.

The KTM is sexy sexy sexy..........

I gave the KTM some consideration, it's one hot set of wheels! My only reason for passing on it, moving on the Monster before buying the Brutale is the pillion seat. My wife rides with me 99% of the time and the KTMs seat places her a bit higher than I'd prefer, otherwise the KTM is a winner in the naked class :)

Back