So I have a few parts I want to give away

isiahstites

Registered
So from time to time I will give away parts and oother MC associated stuff. I do this because so many people have helped me along the path of life.

The parts I want to give away this time are mine, but some given to me so I feel I need to give them to someone else.

I want to change it up a bit and instead of first come first serve which is what I have done in the past, I want to do something different so anyone who needs the parts has as much of a chance as the next guy instead of the chance that you were the first to see the post.

Got any ideas?

perhaps a raffle. that makes chances even. people would enter for an item they need. and a random number would be picked.

other option is if you really want to go by need, you could require pictures of the bike that needs the part. as to try and help the person having the most issues.

Id say pics and the reason behind needing it, and preferably a regularly posting member, it doesnt have to be an all the time everyday member, but when ya see their avatar, you just know who it is. Not to say the lurkers or just check in guys dont deserve parts, but being a regular helps with the Pay it forward nature of the offer.

DIbs on any turbo systems ya have kickin around, Ill even post pics of where it will go on my bike :laugh:

how about a true pay it forward system, in order to ask for the part being offered you have to offer another part. The offered part doesn't have to go to the initial sender but to anyone in need of it. thus giving something in order to receive something. example. the OP of this thread offers a part that I am interested in, I have to then offer a part to anyone on the board before I can ask the OP for the piece he has offered. I hope that doesn't come across as confusing as it sounds.

how about a true pay it forward system, in order to ask for the part being offered you have to offer another part. The offered part doesn't have to go to the initial sender but to anyone in need of it. thus giving something in order to receive something. example. the OP of this thread offers a part that I am interested in, I have to then offer a part to anyone on the board before I can ask the OP for the piece he has offered. I hope that doesn't come across as confusing as it sounds.

Nope I like it and I think it will work, thanks!

I think you should make them write an essay explaining their story and why they deserve the parts, and maybe Chip Foose will pop in and offer up a complete custom job :p

Great of you to do this man :thumbsup:

methodicreign said:

I like this idea.

Have them post a picture/video of some sort of funny stunt. Running in a speedo through the mall, wear a dress and makeup to a local eating establishment....All posted VIA video...or get confirmation of a donation made to say the red cross or a charity you like.

So from time to time I will give away parts and oother MC associated stuff. I do this because so many people have helped me along the path of life.

The parts I want to give away this time are mine, but some given to me so I feel I need to give them to someone else.

I want to change it up a bit and instead of first come first serve which is what I have done in the past, I want to do something different so anyone who needs the parts has as much of a chance as the next guy instead of the chance that you were the first to see the post.

Got any ideas?

I really need the gen 1 passenger footpegs. Months ago they were stolen from my totally naked bike and still haven't be able to get them... In Mexico the Busa is a very rare bike so the parts are very hard to find and very expensive too... I have a homemade bracket to hang my exhaust but is way too low and is not holding the exhaust properly. ( https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...258489d1358540151-sad-2013-01-18-13.54.01.jpg ) Note: I get rid of the shoelace and ad some wire... :rofl:

Anyway, the idea of methodicreign is a nice one. I have some spare parts if someone needs them, I have both mirrors this ones:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...-2006-hayabusa-mexico-2012-03-05-14.32.11.jpg

A used rear brake disc for Honda, Honda front brake line and OEM F4i tail light. Oh, and the OEM Hayabusa levers brake and clutch (left one is bend but works fine)

I really need the gen 1 passenger footpegs. Months ago they were stolen from my totally naked bike and still haven't be able to get them... In Mexico the Busa is a very rare bike so the parts are very hard to find and very expensive too... I have a homemade bracket to hang my exhaust but is way too low and is not holding the exhaust properly. ( https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...258489d1358540151-sad-2013-01-18-13.54.01.jpg ) Note: I get rid of the shoelace and ad some wire... :rofl:

Anyway, the idea of methodicreign is a nice one. I have some spare parts if someone needs them, I have both mirrors this ones:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/atta...-2006-hayabusa-mexico-2012-03-05-14.32.11.jpg

A used rear brake disc for Honda, Honda front brake line and OEM F4i tail light. Oh, and the OEM Hayabusa levers brake and clutch (left one is bend but works fine)

You need both sides or just one, I may have an extra lying around.

I have both sides, but they have been modified (the exhaust mount pads have been cut off)... So I don't think you can use them...

image-3147118097.jpg

image-3147118097.jpg

Back