So I guess not all Busa owners are friendly..

04Duramax

Registered
So here's the story... I'm riding on base a few days back and I pass thru the hospital parking lot and there's a black and red GEN 1 in the parking lot.. I thik cool.. never seen it on base before might be just someone visiting or something to that effect. So I go about my day go to lunch and then come back and BAM there it is again in the parkinglot of my office (which is weird because my office is out in the middle of nowhere on the base). So thinking of the people who work in my building there's only one other guy with a busa (that he only rides at the track).. so I go down and ask him if he bought another one.. he say's nope and he has no clue who it belong's to. So this went on for about 3 or 4 days of this bike parking in the parking lot and then finally when I come into work the other day I see the owner getting off right as I pull up (there's only one desiginated motorcycle section to park in for the 2 buildings)... Now being me.. if I would have seen another Busa pulling up I would ave waited to shoot the crap or whatever... not this guy I wave.. he looks at me turns around and walks off like his sh!t don't stink.. and I'm sitting there wondering WTF? Since then he has started parking his bike over where the rest of the cars park. Either way.. just kinda odd to me.

Maybe he is shy and bashful, you shoul ask him to go ride with you like you didn't notice a thing and if he declineslike his poo don't stink,then poo on him go about your day and let him park with the cagers
Posted via Mobile Device

no doubt... busa's are really cool- not everyone who rides one is. its like everything else- you're gonna have some tools and a-holes, squids and morons along with your cool cats and brothers. i wouldn't worry about it- on the other side of things, he may have been having a bad day..jus sayin...

All very true.. I'll see if I catch him out again. I saw it out there parked again on the other side of the parking lot today. Not like I'm trying to be best friends with him, but I know all of the peolpe in my squadron who ride and there's usually always atleast one down for a ride at the drop of a hat which makes it nice if you want to roll somewhere.

he's shy. be persistant and you will get that date!

seriously, I'm sure he was just late for a meeting or something....

he probably won it in a poker game and doesn't even know what he has :laugh:

If you gave a kind gesture and now he's parking clear away from where you park he obviously doesn't want bothered. That is weird tho, thought you military folk stuck together? :laugh: I'm the same way with tryin to make friends/ shoot the bull make a new ridin partner but sum people just arnt friendly.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

My guess is that he's a newer rider and probably not as skilled as he'd like to be or thinks he should be, or what most people would consider a Busa owner to be, and he's timid or intimidated.

Or just really anti-social...:dunno:

Is he military as well, or Civil Service? Should not make a difference, but it may depending on his position in the unit. He may not want to socialize with some of the "younger troops" or be associated with other riders to stay out of trouble.

I have seen this before is why it came to mind. There were guys in my old unit that I would certainly chat with if I saw them in the building, but I would never ride with them. They were unsafe or too gutsy with the way they rode for me.

some how I just had a flash back from the movie full metal jacket:) Bro I'd just leav'em be. some people have issues and you may not want his issues pulling you down . Thanks for the service...

being on a base, could it be a rank thing? not saying he's not still being a snot but maybe he thinks he shouldn't or cannot make nice with others? either way I agree with the probably someone you dont want to ride with anyway comment on the surface but never know, could turn out to be a great friend if you can ever meet him :thumbsup:

maybe u smell:poke::laugh: jk maybe he is just one of those guys thats not very good at making friends

Does sound like he is going out of his way to avoid you. I'd give him the space he is seeking. As others have said, it may be a good thing, who knows?

Back