So?...How mad are you folks going to be...

For transparency and truth in disclosure?...there were many bikes on my shopping shortlist including the FJR, Concourse, ST1300, and was even momentarily distracted a time or two by great prices on a 1 out of 300 BMW R1100S "Boxer Cup" and believe it or not?...a Moto Guzzi "Norge" (until I found out why it's price was so appealing...can you say "Hot Knees"? LOL!) and of course the bike I was really seeking was another Hayabusa of which I had two in negotiations that were both '05 models for $6K (but the owners were unwilling to take what I was offering) and I even test rode a 2009 M109 SE...what a beautiful but massive beast and not for me even with a scant 6,400 on the odo for $6,100.

So if anything?...I can tell you folks that the Busa seems to hold their price a bit better where I think they are more of a household name than the many numerical codes that followed the letters ZX-??

So with my limited funds?...in the end I found this '08 ZX14 with 12,525 on the odo a very appealing deal for my $5K and even though another Busa was first choice (as I'm so familiar with such) my financial limitations dictated that nothing in the ballpark was off my menu and I needed the best deal shopping used.

I'm changing the oil for my first time today and I gotta say it's a vey convenient arrangement but I also have to ask...does everyone wait until their oil looks like black ink before selling their bike? LOL! I think I caught this one in the nick of time. ;)
After I sold my 08 Busa I eventually missed it so bought an 18 even though I didn't like the color combo. Another reason I bought is because I thought it would be the last of the GEN2 and I wanted to have one because it is a great bike and I did not know what the GEN3 would bring.

Now I find myself wanting a 19 Grey and Red which is supposed to be the last of the GEN2. I would have to get a good deal on one though. Not really the smartest move for me financially.

I am looking at used and like you said resale seems high. I see the same bikes listed for months because they want too much money. Also I really don't like extended swing arms. Some look good with just a couple/few inches of extension.

Yes the ZX is easier to change oil on. Same with my FJR. I got to where I just undid the bottom of the Busa fairing to change the filter.

with me for having run into a killer deal I just couldn't refuse on this?...do I still get to hang out here from time too time?...

View attachment 1595690

View attachment 1595691

View attachment 1595692
As long as your on 2 wheels or even 1 stick around you lend to this place. Yes you would be of your meds to pass that bike up at that price. Yes would be concerned about the oil & other neglected maintenance so complete check up; plugs, air box, clutch etc. inspect it all.

Back