So has anyone ever actually done....

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Just wanting to know if anyone has ever done it. Theres talks of how much different it should be but i wanted to know if anyones ever did it

I don't think you are going to find much on this one... Last I heard, the reviews were that it wasn't as good as the hydro clutch... If you do it, let us know how it turns out and if you like it...

Yup I'd like to know how it turned out too!!

...The K5 had a cable clutch, it was ok!! Gimme a hydraulic clutch anyday
biggrin.gif

The busa has a small contact zone from when teh clutch is out to in. The cable clutch will widen that zone much like the liter bikes. Also it has a built in engine case saver so when the chain breaks i dont have to be without a ride for 2-3 wks again

The busa has a small contact zone from when teh clutch is out to in.  The cable clutch will widen that zone much like the liter bikes.  Also it has a built in engine case saver so when the chain breaks i dont have to be without a ride for 2-3 wks again
I clutchless shift anyway when I am racing...

Why don't you just get a motorhead sprocket cover for 250, that is what I did... Its a nice piece...

cable clutches are great...till yer out in the middle of nowhere an the fuggin thing snaps. Then it will be even worse for you because you'll have some custom made up thing on there.

I dunno,why bother.

Hard in the twisties,a lot of clutchless shifts anyway,same with at the track. At the drag strip, I'd go air-shifter.

The main prob for me rubbah is getting from a dead stop
blush.gif
. So they arent any good then
rock.gif
. If not i can go with the cam lever from brock

It's easier to modulate or "slip" a cable clutch during hard launches. I was gonna go that route, but with the 02+up clutch it's better, next I'm gonna try the weld mod. That should solve the problem.

I clutchless shift anyway when I am racing...
ummm you do a clutchless launch too?

I did this conversion on my 90 - 1100 motor.....the biggest gain is in feed back during the launch. It allows you to feather the clutch a bit better since you have what seems to be an actual "feel" of the spring tension and plates releasing from each other.

I have seen a few mods for sale on this ....but I was wondering of the gix1K didn't share the same lower end caes/covers.

On my 1100....I just needed the sprocket cover assembly and clutch case cover from a 750.

I will say this though.....if you have gone with HD clutch springs...life you better be workin that left hand! You will also have less feed back due to the tension ratings.

Hydraulic clutches offer more power with less effort.

Brown i have the BDE welded clutch and all it did for me is lessen the effects of teh HD clutch springs. Ill try the cam lever first and save the swap for an over the winter project
wink.gif

damn i though he just made the covers. Will definatly be looking into that...shid maybe before the end of the season

Back