So fricken p!ssed off with Dealership..

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
So, I get my Busa stripped for paint, like 3 weeks ago. I decided to get motivated and powder coat the wheels. I call the Stealersh!t to order the new wheel bearing dust covers (fricken seals). Today, 3 weeks later they finally show up. To my dismay, so did the fork seals I ordered back about 2months ago...good thing right. Anyway, I install the front seals, assemble and am happy. I install the seal on the cush drive hub, and almost there.....

WTF? The parts guy ordered the wrong fricken seal for the brake side of the rear wheel! They ordered two seals, matching the cush drive side! So, now my Busa is down for a single fricken seal for another who knows how fricken long.... So p!ssed off about this sh!t right now its not even laughable.

I will be calling Dave at World Wide Bearing tomorrow to see if they have a new set. If they do, will have them FEDEX/UPS overnighted whatever.

IF ANY SPONSORS HAVE THE REAR WHEEL BRAKE SIDE SEAL IN STOCK SHOOT ME A PM (OR EMAIL cat3n4@gmail.com) SO I CAN EXPRESS THIS TINY LITTLE SNAFU OF A SEAL AND GET MY BUSA BACK ON THE ROAD. THANKS.

And to think, I have a fricken Solo Flight Check Ride tomorrow...pass I'm good, fail I get recycled in the class course roster so I'll be stuck here longer.

Charlie

guns.gif
dealers been there

Got Kevin's number, thanks KS, will call tomorrow. I seriously need to stock some of these parts; wheel bearings, wheel seals, engine cover gaskets, fork seals and dust covers, whatever else I get the "need to order and wait 3 weeks for" answer. I hate waiting for shipping a part. Ugh.....

i know how you feel, i can not stand it myself waiting on parts, then you get the wrong ones when they arrive.

(thepushercg @ Jan. 23 2007,17:40) i know how you feel, i can not stand it myself waiting on parts, then you get the wrong ones when they arrive.
You know, if this was a next day or two thing, sure, ok, you looked at one PN and said, oh I need two, whatever. But when it take 3 fricken weeks, and you know my Busa is down, waiting on the seals, I'd think the damn parts dude would take the pride in reading and writing enough to do it right! I mean.....ugh... never mind, you know. I pray Kevin or WWB has these in stock or something. Anytime I need to go to Japan to get a part I already know I'm going to be p!ssed.

Dang Charlie, what a bunch of crap. Enough to put a guy through the roof. Sure hope the guys from around here can help.

(heavybusa @ Jan. 23 2007,18:10) DUDE!! How did you not order from a board sponsor!!!
guns.gif

Good luck!!
I happened to be in the robbers market with a buddy, and thought I'd check with them, said "sure, be here in a couple days, no problem" and "yep, thats a dealer part" WTFE! I hate this poop.

(CAT3 @ Jan. 23 2007,20:24) And to think, I have a fricken Solo Flight Check Ride tomorrow...pass I'm good, fail I get recycled in the class course roster so I'll be stuck here longer.  
Just relax and enjoy the ride. If this doesn't calm you down, I don't know what will.

That always works for me! In a jet or a SEL, it always works the same.

Enjoy it.

Todd

Charlie,

I think this is a sign from above - you are being told to dump the old OEM cush drive setup, and opt for a new set of wheels with a better cush drive, I'm sure what ever wheels you go with, they will supply the proper seals with the Cush.

beerchug.gif

(JET-A @ Jan. 23 2007,18:22)
(CAT3 @ Jan. 23 2007,20:24) And to think, I have a fricken Solo Flight Check Ride tomorrow...pass I'm good, fail I get recycled in the class course roster so I'll be stuck here longer.
Just relax and enjoy the ride. If this doesn't calm you down, I don't know what will.

That always works for me! In a jet or a SEL, it always works the same.

Enjoy it.

Todd
If I were in the AV sure, but sitting in a sim, being graded by junior ranking Soldiers is not where I want to be. I'm in school for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle training. Some Instructors are civilian (and out of control) and some are Soldiers, none of which are my rank or higher, so to some I become a target, a mark of accomplishment of sorts. Not saying this particular group is like that, just natural thing to do. I actually failed the first check ride last week...crushed my psychie, in 36+yrs I've never failed a test, until then and its messed with my head since.

(Zuki @ Jan. 23 2007,18:25) Charlie,

I think this is a sign from above - you are being told to dump the old OEM cush drive setup, and opt for a new set of wheels with a better cush drive, I'm sure what ever wheels you go with, they will supply the proper seals with the Cush.

beerchug.gif
Well, I was getting new wheels next month, but wife decided to have other plans for "her" our tax return, so rather than argue (since I have gotten away with a lot) I'll let her. Which sparked the whole desire to powder coat these wheels. But, my eyes are still on the wheels, maybe after we move, where ever that will be. I agree though, too bad the wife didn't
sad.gif

(GMbusa @ Jan. 23 2007,18:35) Another good source is ronayers.com
Thanks for the link. I seen what I thought... 09285-39001 is what the parts guy seen, and said oh need two...the one is need is 09825-38001. Why didn't Suzi put a 39001R and 39001L I dunno, but I will recommend it to them for future reference.

I have a set that I ordered from Ebay Worldwide bearing sitting on the shelf plus some extra for the rear too, if i recall. Let me know what you need, I will be happy to send you what I have, just send me a replacement later. PM me tonight and I will put them in the mail tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

41_1.jpg

(Powers739 @ Jan. 23 2007,18:58) I have a set that I ordered from Ebay Worldwide bearing sitting on the shelf plus some extra for the rear too, if i recall. Let me know what you need, I will be happy to send you what I have, just send me a replacement later. PM me tonight and I will put them in the mail tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

41_1.jpg
pm sent.

Will call Vman first thing tomorrow, followed by Dave at WWB and Ron Ayers too.
Thanks for the try Powers, appreciate it.
Charlie

Back