So does owing a HD make you nuts?

ditchdr

Registered
I run a small bike service and repair shop in my spare time out of my garage.. Along with that I also buy used bikes, service and resell them, about 7 or 8 a month.. I was doing my usual search of the tri-state cragis list when I come across a posting * anny HD Ultra Classis 9800**,,

Price is about what I would pay for a 2003 HD,, I send him a email he works 2nd shift at the Bosch plant very close to my house.. We agree to meet after he gets off work at the Wal-Mart parking lot right down the road.. I saw pics of the bike and it looks real good..

Today I went and got a cashiers check for 9k and 800 in cash hoping he will take 9 even.. Well time coes and he meets me at the wal mart. I have my trailer on my truck, pretty much ready to make a buy. was even gonna take him home ya know.. I take the bike for a ride and it runs a little rough, I mention it to him and he says oh I forgot ot take the choke off.. Big red flag.. A 2003 HD Ultra is a FUEL INJECTED BIKE.. I ask him I tohught it was a 100th anny bike, he says no its a 98.. My heart sank.. I told him well in my eyes it is not worht more then 7500.00 cash.. He tell me he can sell it for 30K on ebay any day of the week. Then he says somehting aobut the Hayabusa.org lanyard I have on my keys.. I tell him I am sorry but I will not pay that much, and best of luck.. he cusses me a few times and rides off.. I had to laugh as i got in my truck and drove back home..

30k on fleabay
rock.gif
?? good luck
laugh.gif

sorry u wasted ur time

Heck man....Just take that money and go buy yourself a brand new '08 Busa~~~~~ you'll feel better instantly I guarantee
beerchug.gif

That sucker ain't ever gonna get 30 grand. Actually $9,800 is a decent price for a 95th Anniv. Ultra, but the attitude he gave wasn't necessary.

I've been an HD owner for over two years now and I gotta tell ya, it's the best thing I've ever experienced. HD is stunning! I recommend it to all my friends. Sometimes I even help get them into the whole deal. They are always extremely pleased with HD. Mine is going all the time! When ever I'm around it, I'm usually messing with it, trying to get it dialed in just right, messing with all the little knobs and stuff. Now that I'm HD, there is no good reason to go back!

A pic of my HD baby is below:

518XMMWZKPL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It's a 50 incher that goes to 1080i and looks uber slick! Games, Blu-Ray, HDTV, HD is the best!!!

I've been an HD owner for over two years now and I gotta tell ya, it's the best thing I've ever experienced. HD is stunning! I recommend it to all my friends. Sometimes I even help get them into the whole deal. They are always extremely pleased with HD. Mine is going all the time! When ever I'm around it, I'm usually messing with it, trying to get it dialed in just right, messing with all the little knobs and stuff. Now that I'm HD, there is no good reason to go back!

It's a 50 incher that goes to 1080i and looks uber slick! Games, Blu-Ray, HDTV, HD is the best!!!
jump9.gif

I've been an HD owner for over two years now and I gotta tell ya, it's the best thing I've ever experienced.  HD is stunning!   I recommend it to all my friends.  Sometimes I even help get them into the whole deal.  They are always extremely pleased with HD. Mine is going all the time!  When ever I'm around it, I'm usually messing with it, trying to get it dialed in just right, messing with all the little knobs and stuff.  Now that I'm HD, there is no good reason to go back!

It's a 50 incher that goes to 1080i and looks uber slick!  Games, Blu-Ray, HDTV, HD is the best!!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Now thats my kind of HD!

Actually your HD has more in common with Harley than you may think. Both just sit there and look pretty!

Back