so cal responsible riders

dmallord

Registered
hi all,

yesterday i had the pleasure of meeting bubba here from the boards in person with his beautiful gen 2 busa. he came to the shop where i work, and we chatted for a minute before making loose plans to go for a ride through some twisties in the near future. i have been looking to ride with some fellow busa owners, and the only guys i found are a bit too aggressive for me. i suppose that when i was younger smoke filled burnouts and wheelies were more the rule than the exception, but these days i like to cruise for the most part, and enjoy some lean action where appropriate. i look forward to riding some canyons with bubba, and his friends.

shiny side up,
david:thumbsup:

Bubba is a great guy. You will enjoy running with him, I know I did. I would like to hook up with another small group again in the future. However, I live in San Diego,,,,,,,,,,,,,Oh yeah, his bike is the coolest color.

Last edited:
We do ACH run every weekend. No pressure, no stunts. We are not bike specific group, so anyone with 2 wheels are welcome. We usually run 150 miles + a day in twisties. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hello David,
It was a pleasure to meet you too.
I look forward to riding with you soon and getting together with the San Diego crowd, they are some awesome riders. Next weekend may be in the cards if I play them right.
Again, great to meet and see you soon.
Ride em safe,
Bubba

Get them to ride the Crest.....Im out in Ventura and ride every weekend. I ride all different type of levels of riding. Always looking for guys to ride with...:rulez: I will put you on film though:laugh:

Thanks Shane,
David, this is the man we need to come to SoCal and show us the knee thingy and we can show him the sunny California year round weather and our beautiful twisties.:beerchug:
He may not want to leave.:laugh:
Bubba

Get them to ride the Crest.....Im out in Ventura and ride every weekend. I ride all different type of levels of riding. Always looking for guys to ride with...:rulez: I will put you on film though:laugh:

I have been wanting to do this ride but have heard some warnings as to traffic since it just reopened and cops and wipeouts, since you ride this often maybe you can shed the real light on it.
I have a place in Crestline and ride the 18 and 138 to Silverwood Lake sometimes, we should meet up and ride soon.
Bubba

this next weekend sounds like a good time for me. i work the first part of saturday, but can ride sat afternoon, and then sunday i am open all day.:cheerleader:

For those of you haven't been to ACH lately, here is an update. Roads are clean and good pavement all the way to Wrightwood and beyond. On weekends, watch out for Officer Gonzales CHP.
If you are following behind a slow vehicle, give it a few seconds and they usually yield. Yes, we are very civil around here.
Food at Newcombs are good, and I encourage you to spend some money there, cuz their presence at the mountain give us bikers place to rest and socialize.
If you happend to worry about fuel situation, at wrightwood, there is a gas station and their fuel price is lower than the city.
If you are a lucky sob (like me) who can ride on either mon or tue, it's the best time; no cops ( but no gurantee), no slow cagers. It's just awesome. Hope to see you on the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

Today, I met couple of Busa riders @ ACH. They came all the way from Ventura county. Jusr wanted to revive this thread hoping to get S. Cali roll call going.
Posted via Mobile Device

hi guys,
i just mounted a used 190/55/17 dunlop qualifier sportmax gp that has a great center, but the sides have been pretty well burned off. i am guessing that it was someones track tire. i know the center portion will serve me well for the freeway, but do you guys have any thoughts about canyon rides with this tire? i am hoping to hear that an occasional canyon ride will be fine, and that the tire will be sticky even with worn sides.

i am so looking forward to riding with my so cal neighboring busa friends.:thumbsup:

HPIM1155.jpg

HPIM1156.jpg

Hello,
I am looking forward to riding soon too.
I don't know about the tire, I am no expert. Maybe one will chime in on this, I can say I have seen worse.
Will talk soon,
Bubba

Ok lets ride 8-2 sunday, I am new to the board, but lets start at the 15 and the 138 there is a chevron gas station on the east side of the 15 freeway. meet around 7am and ride west so that we don't ride into the sun. Stop at Newcombs for breakfast, then maybe up to mount wilson or just back down the hill. It should only take about a half a day and be back home by 1 or 2 in the afternoon. I am no knee dragger and ride pretty conserverative. So you can ride as fast or as slow as you want but please ride your own ride so we can all meet at newcombs safe and one piece. Post up if you want to join me.

I'll be @ newcombs on both Sat and Sunday. I will be starting at La crescenta side and go all the way through Phelan. Pehaps we can hook up @ newcombs and ride to Phelan together. We usually lunch at Mountain Top cafe.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back