So are your busas.......

jpowell490

Registered
This clean? :laugh:

Yes I am fanatical about my 08 being spotless. Just installed the new RS-3 so here are some pics. The clean pic first :poke:

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

:whistle:

Very clean :beerchug:

No I would rather ride than clean...

It gets a thorough cleaning on Friday morning an then I give it a thorough ride no time to clean till next Friday an I don't take off the plastics to clean it. If the plastics come off for some reason it would get clean then if not..... whats covered an not seen is clean enough for me :laugh:

Last edited:
OMG! Tim, Thats a SIN in my book.

Mine isnt as clean as Jpowell's but close...

So Jason, how do u clean her?

Sept 2009 027b.JPG

Sept 2009 031b.JPG

Last edited:
Did some one say cargo nets? :laugh:

So what kind of tire will get that 550+ pound beast out of the mud? I can barely get out of my yard after i wash it.

Holy Cow Pash!!!! I hope that isn't your bike now, I know it isn't :rofl:

Agentadam that is hilarious, almost true, but hilarious.

Kento, I don't ride in the rain unless I just get caught in some freak storm. I watch the weather closely. I don't ride in the rain because of the safety risks involved, that tire becomes mighty slippery in the wet stuff.

Also, a quick removal of the fairings after a wash and it will look horrible underneath, it water spots everywhere and seems to push the grime into the engine bay.

So I try to stay out of any nasty stuff and use an air compressor to blow off the bike, it is great for getting stuff out of tight places. WD-40 on a rag all over the frame and parts of the engine, keeps it nice and clean. Also, if I do wash it, I use the air compressor to blow it off. Time is your friend, if you go weeks without any cleaning then it will be a disaster. Once a week wipe down after a good initial thorough cleaning will work.

I do not remotely enjoy removing the fairings, so I try to keep that clean. I will say that if you remove the undercarriage fairing part first and then the oil cooler fairing, they are a BREEZE to get on and off. If you try to do it with that connected :banghead::banghead::banghead: it will take forever.

I wish I could say the same about my wheels, yours are three times as clean as mine, as soon as I wash them they are dirty again from brake dust. One pic I didn't post is my chain, it is filthy for some reason. I am going to give that a once over this week, any suggestions for cleaning that?

I am using Suzuki's chain lube and that stuff is STICKY. If it gets on your chain guide or up near your primary, it will catch everything short of small birds and hold it there.

Speaking of that sticky arse suzuki chain wax, what will take it off the rim short of taking the paint off? I took the chain guard off and now its on the undertail :whistle: I keep the body clean though. Two coats of mothers caranuba wax. Pressure washer gets the frame,engine,well enough. God help me when i get white rims.

Last edited:
Speaking of that sticky arse suzuki chain wax, what will take it off the rim short of taking the paint off? I took the chain guard off and now its on the undertail :whistle: I keep the body clean though. Two coats of mothers caranuba wax. Pressure washer gets the frame,engine,well enough. God help me when i get white rims.

Wondering the same thing, that stuff is like tar to get off. I did have some orange cleaner spray that I sprayed on and it seemed to come off well. So I might give that a shot unless someone chimes in on a better chemical.

WD-40 on a rag will clean that chain wax off.

Oh - and personally - I would stop using the Suzuki stuff. Like you said, STICKY and flings everywhere. I've used Maxima Chain wax...then switched to Silkolene (it goes on clear and stays clear). And recently I switched to DuPont Teflon Multi-Use Spray. I'm really liking the DuPont stuff (no fling). :thumbsup:

WD-40 cleans all off the wheels.
Use chain wax or another like lube it doesnt fling off.

And to answer your question.

Yes Blanca is cleaner than Skeeters Peeter !

Pro-bolt adj blocks 005.JPG

Pro-bolt adj blocks 008.JPG

Back