So 2 girls go into Wal-Mart with guns

The human units that wish to kill people do not make it a mystery. You want to kill, you do it.

People with weapons OC, if they wanted to kill, they would be about it.

People with guns on their hips, are not to be feared. Cops show up, you say howdy, and aren't the sheep stupid.

Good day officer.

The ones to fear are the ones that you don't notice until they kill.

Wake up. Are you stupid? If someone wants you dead, you are dead.

I don't have a problem with a LEO checking to make sure folks are legally open carrying. In my current state of residence there are certain criteria for OC depending on whether you have a concealed permit or not, basically if you can have a round chambered or not, etc.....I personally don't open carry because it definitely brings unwanted attention. I prefer concealed carry.

This open carry activist crap is not helping our cause of preserving what's left of the 2nd Amendment. People do this stuff on purpose all the time for no good reason other than making a video for YouTube. How is walking into a liberal hangout like Starbucks (or any open public setting) with rifles slung being helpful? It's not. All it does is alarm the anti-gunners, cause a hassle for law enforcement, and make the pro-gun crowd look like a bunch of crazies playing GI Joe.

I've been concealing a Glock and a spare mag every single day for a long time now and have never received any negative attention from it. I'm all for exercising our rights, but there's nothing wrong with respecting the feelings of others in the process.

"Don't make no trouble and there won't be no trouble."

Well, this is a first: An opinion from Blanca that I agree with. The CHL course in Texas has just been reduced to 4-6 hours by our idiot of a governor. There were 16 in the class when my wife and I took it last year and (I am not making this up) only 1 other person there apart from us had ever even held a gun before. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE passed the course including the target shooting test. Why have a course or require a license at all?

I get the impression that a lot of people go into a carry permit class thinking it's some sort of intro to handguns class. I know I've had to explain to several people that it is not intended for first time shooters.

When I took the class years ago, one guy put the minimum number of rounds through his target, then put the rest of them through his wife's target just to be sure she would pass. He was shooting a .45 and she had a 9mm, so it was obvious what had happened. The instructor called him out on it, but let it go because the wife made all of her shots count.

Vehicles kill more people every year than guns. Yet we don't become "alarmed" when we see a Vehicle. We are able to mentally discern the fact that the DRIVER is the one who acts irresponsibly to create the death while USING the vehicle. We have been PROGRAMMED to not be able to mentally discern that its not the GUN it is the USER that causes the death. a gun is nothing but a tool. the same as a vehicle. both have GREAT ability to cause death. but only if used in the WRONG MANNER. just think if we started calling 911 to report a vehicle because we are ALARMED and scared it will be used to cause our deaths......how quickly would we be charged with false reports and crazy would we appear to be??.... and why are those who call 911 to report seeing a gun in a holster are not treated by law enforcement to be equally as CRAZY?? if we see a vehicle running a red light, swerving all over the road, speeding and driving recklessly...we then become ALARMED because it is being used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. when a gun is pulled out of its holster in a environment in where there is no reason for it to be except to be used in a DANGEROUS MANNER. then of course we then become ALARMED. otherwise stop the BRAINWASHING and have a stronger mind than the one you have been TRAINED to have.

Cars are designed for transportation. Guns are designed to kill. That's where you elicit the most basic reaction.

You can also yell fire in a theater but don't. You may be able to OC but I'm not really sure I agree with it.
I don't trust folks with guns I meet on the range! I usually will watch the people next to me just to gauge their skill level.
A visit to any indoor public shooting range will show you most don't know doodly squat. I'd feel better not knowing they have it. As long as you can carry it I don't see need to carry openly? Chris I'm sorry I don't see the need to OC in Walmart. Unfortunately and especially in today's times people seen with guns make many others nervous. OC is more of an upfront in your face expression of your right whereas concealed is simply the practice of it.

Actually, you can't yell fire in a theater if you intend to incite a riot. That's where you go beyond your First Amendment rights. It's the US Supreme Court case of Brandenburg v. Ohio: "These later decisions have fashioned the principle that the constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."

Kill em all...let god sort them out.

Good idea... their guns and their gods.

Let anybody holding a 9MM in one hand and a bible in the other make eveyone's choices.

Better yet,let anyone holding a rusty AK47 in one hand and the koran in the other make everyone's choices.

Guns and god. Guns and some old parchment. Guns and whiskey.

Eventually...we should evolve.

Good luck wit it...don't end up dead.

RSD.

Kill em all...let god sort them out.

Good idea... their guns and their gods.

Let anybody holding a 9MM in one hand and a bible in the other make eveyone's choices.

Better yet,let anyone holding a rusty AK47 in one hand and the koran in the other make everyone's choices.

Guns and god. Guns and some old parchment. Guns and whiskey.

Eventually...we should evolve.

Good luck wit it...don't end up dead.

RSD.

I just watched Doom today and heard the Rock say that. "Kill em all and let God sort them out"

Anyone wanna bet on how many rounds she's fired thru that gun she is carrying?
My bet is she still has the first box of ammo she bought for it. This seems to me like more of a hope and effort to embarass a cop than to exercise ones right to carry.

05 Busa you know what I meant. Just because we may be able to doesn't mean we should.
Rubb it's everyone walking around with guns in the open I don't think wise. Concealed yes because there is the veiled realization everyone may possibly be armed yet not a bunch of folks slinging pistols in the open.

I vaguely remember the one time I had to shoot for a permit. Forgive me, because it wasn't in this Century :)

We were standing 10 feet from the target. I thought, HOW CAN ANYONE MISS THIS...I think my shot group was 3 inches. But sure enough, there were some numbnuts who actually had a difficult time just HITTING the target. That truly scared me....

Guns are to kill as last resort. Most of the time when somebody knows you have a gun they don't bother you. Guns act as a deterent against criminals.

I saw an open carry 45 cal about 20 years ago inside a 7-11 on my way to work one morning. The sight of it kinda spooked me at 1st... then... after 10 of 15 seconds of contemplation about it I realized that if anything went down it wasn't going to be something to be overly concerned about. My judgement of the guy with the gun was clear to me... if anything happens this guy will take control of the situation.

It's been said before, but these girls were pulling a classic (to quote Stewart from Mad TV) "Look what I can do."

Open carry creates unique concerns. You lose the advantage of surprise if a incident occurs. You're advertising you have weapons at your house. Thieves may take note and follow you to your home and visit you when you leave again. You attract unwanted attention including law enforcement.

However, open carry goes hand in hand with concealed carry. If you bend over and expose your concealed weapon - now you're open carrying subject to whatever penality it carries in non open carry state.

If you bend over and expose your concealed weapon - now you're open carrying subject to whatever penalty it carries in non open carry state.

An accidental thing isn't considered a violation. If I bend over and my shirt moves up and my weapon is shown in that event, it is not considered a violation of Concealed rules. If someone makes out I have a weapon when I reach back to get my wallet, is not a violation of the rules. Some people while standing in line waiting, may be able to make out the outline of the butt or can at least make a good assumption. None of these are seen or meant to be construed as a violation. Concealed means, not in plain site or able to be seen under normal line of sight or actions.

Some people just flat out do not like anyone with a weapon. Including some LEO. No matter how legal you are. I have had a few instances where I have made someone nervous because they saw I had a weapon. Cops get called or they approach me. Some cops are very cool and fine about checking me out. Others have to be a little more douche like to try and push their weight around. In those instances I suggest right on the spot we call either their chief or the District Attorneys office or my attorney. They quickly find civility at that point and I'm on my way pretty quickly.

I too agree with the sentiment that the open carry movement is actually hurting our 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Honestly, I think that movement of walking around bearing arms is a little bit too extreme for my own taste.
I do salute those who do it, but I prefer the concealed carry method. Unfortunately where I live, it's nearly impossible to obtain a CCW permit unless you're a Hollywood Star or Rich. I do hate the fact that there are people who can
follow you home and try to take advantage of the fact you have weapons. But even the most hardened criminals wouldn't try a house where they know they would get shot and killed...

Cars are designed for transportation. Guns are designed to kill. That's where you elicit the most basic reaction.

I understand, but people were being killed / murdered prior to China discovering gunpowder. Guns can and have saved lives, protected and defended. It's all up to the one in possession.

Back