Snell rating on shoei RF-1000

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
I have looked all over the helmet and can not find the tag for the snell rating. Is it supposed to be on the chin bar? I remember it had the manufacture date there before but it is long gone now. I don't want to buy a new helmet but will if I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's under the padding in the very top of the helmet, usually towards the front...have to peel it back and look in pretty good (don't rip it or tear it up, should be able to see it by pulling and looking in)

tried looking inside underneath the liner? Cut-and-pasted this from the net:

RF1000 Technical Specs:
Fiber-reinforced plastic shell (FRP)
3D Comfort Liner - adjustable cheek pads
Aerodynamic shape - Wind tunnel developed AIM+ Technology
Cooling system (ventilation system)
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) impact absorbing liner (disperses force of an impact)
Easy visor removal/installation
Snell M2000 & DOT218 Rating

Snell M2000 & DOT218 Rating

yeah my RF1000 says M2000 and my RF1100 says M2010. They go in 5 year increments and if I remember correctly the RF1000 was around 2004-2005 era but before the M2005 snell period.

Last edited:
It's under the padding in the very top of the helmet, usually towards the front...have to peel it back and look in pretty good (don't rip it or tear it up, should be able to see it by pulling and looking in)

Thanks I knew I read somewhere that it was under the padding. I looked underneath it but not hard enough. I will more than likely have to get a new one next year anyways. Just trying to hold off a little while longer haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back