Snap shot savings I don't trust this at all!

notright

I'm the Pugh take a wiff
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone seen this? (We only care how good you drive for the discount) Get this for a discount, yeah, whatever discount now then no one will be able to afford our insurance without it later. I can see this getting way out of hand in a hurry! Please tell me I am just paranoid.

How It Works: Snapshot Discount, Usage-Based Insurance

Dang wish they would have had this 7 months ago. I wouldve done this. I hardly drive my truck and never hardly go above 35 mph because speed limits here on base are 25 and 35 :laugh:. I wouldve gotten the max discount

They or she, said they dont care how fast you go just how hard you stop etc. I can see this being used for a lot more in the future. Maybe partner with the DMV and you can pay all your violations when you renew your insurance policy.:whistle:

Yup, big brother is coming with more stuff to keep you in check. They already have the ability to track your speed and time with on board computers. It is waiting for the public to accept the idea. It is coming.......maybe 10 years?

Yup, big brother is coming with more stuff to keep you in check. They already have the ability to track your speed and time with on board computers. It is waiting for the public to accept the idea. It is coming.......maybe 10 years?

Thats the way I see it . introduce it as a good thing a big money saver -reward for good drivers next you have to pay extra to get it without it then sharing the information with health and life insurance then law inforcement.

Progressive quoted 7K a year for insurance with no tickets and 44 years old, I wouldn't call them to insure 1/32 scale model car I have in the closet.. :laugh:

you know where you can put the camera progressive in your :moon: :whistle:

I have the snap shot device on my truck, all it monitors is how hard you break, if you stop more then 7mph/sec its considered a hard break, distance and times you travel. some times are considered higher risk, driving early morning and rush hour and late at night.
you can even go on line and see your reports that are sent in to progressive.
My inital discount after one month for my truck was 29% and estimated 30% at renewal.
They sent me a check for 80$ after one month.. if you dont drive like a complete moron its worth having the thing on your truck/car or what ever for the 6 months.

Back