snake's 5 buck throttlemeister

I don't mean to be stupid here but what exactly did you do? Put an o-ring between the bar end and the grip? Is there a way to engage and disengage it or is it sticky all the time?

So give us some details...where'd you get the o-ring, size etc...

I could use a little trick like that now and then..

Dunno about this one . How tight does it feel ? What if you need to stop suddenly will it 'jam' the throttle...
rock.gif

It's an O-ring from "Catapillar" with a catapillar part #...the ZRX clan has been using such for nigh on 5 years now...matter fact?...I usta to use one myself on my ZRX.

bigdr-

It is very stable and firm. Takes a little getting used to, but that's about it. It comes in yellow and black.

Monty-

it is a Cat O-ring 8M4991

Don't throw anything at me but I need to know if the Cat part will fit the GSXR 1K grip? I already have a universal vista on the busa but I need something for the little brother. The GSXR 1K grip is considerably smaller than the Busa so do you think the Cat part allows for enough tension or a smaller O ring would be required? Local Cat dealers don't carry the part or I would have already tried one out.

Thanks

looks useful...
biggrin.gif

What if you need to stop suddenly will it 'jam' the throttle... [/QUOTE]

...yup id like to know that too

looks useful...
biggrin.gif

What if you need to stop suddenly will it 'jam' the throttle...  

...yup id like to know that too[/QUOTE]
Pull in the clutch and get on the brake just remember to undo it before you let the clutch back out. This is more of a only person on the highway device i think. Also you may want to sit it at regualr crusiing speeds to give you more reaction time.

Car crusing speed not busa crusing speed!

Looks pretty handy for those long hauls on the interstate. How does it react to small adjustments to compensate for up and down grade in the road?
rock.gif

Go to the catepillar web site (www.cat.com I think) and use the dealer locater. I thought it said the black and yellow ones were like $2.55 each but that doesn't account for shipping and handling and of course, I may be wrong.

Carl

catring.jpg

Hey Carl,

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. When you have the o-ring locked and are cruising can you force the throttle shut, or do you have to pull the o-ring off first?

Edit: also, after some searching around on Google etc., I can't find any place online to buy these. It didn't look like cat sells direct so I'll have to do some more digging. If anyone finds a place please post it up. I appreciate the offer to sell your extras Carl, but I'd probably like to find somewhere to pick up 2 or 3 just to keep a couple extras under the hump in case I shoot one off the bar.

<!--EDIT|Monty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117622613 -->

Back