Smoked a cbr1000rr!!! :))

scooterlord

Registered
...so, just half an hour earlier, at around 1am we are drinking a beer out, watching chics, etc and my friend call this really fast guy (i am not joking, he is - has smoked me in the past - but looks like i improved
smile.gif
to joke around, so he tells hims to drop by and go see how our bikes go...

..so we go to this empty road; we raced 3 times, and was ahead of him with full 3rd in the tranny!
smile.gif

i have pair of yoshis rs3, pc3, k&n. he has full titanium headered acrapovic, pc3, filter-am not sure.

i was so excited cause i really looked up on him in the past as a cool bike starter. he dropped in my eyes just a bit, cause i like him, he's a nice guy-changed my tires.

so what i noticed, and i was almost certain that this was the main reason i was left behind; this time i wasn't nervous at all. really confident. started the bike reeeeally nice. plus i have this new pair of michelin pilot powers on, i need chain, sprockets though - my chain is at it's last line.

anyway, i am so happy, that it still take balls to throw the busa out of the king throne
smile.gif

VIVA BUSA!
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Dude I'm definitely not trying to create trouble but even 1 beer at those speeds could really alter your response time. Next time tell him your busy doing laundry and you'll race him some other time. Or better yet tell him you have a Hayabusa and you know you'd win anyway so a race would be pointless. Again I'm not raggin on you dude but I cringe when I hear of alcohol & all the horsepower of the Hayabusa. I know you probably didn't feel drunk or whatever...sorry to rant
baaa.gif

Reactions: Zee
thanks for pointing this out... but i didn't feel drunk
laugh.gif
lol

anyway, i have never smoked in my life not even once and i don't drink all that often. when i said i drunk a beer, i mean a 330ml 5% alcohol AFTER i had eaten well at home
smile.gif

how did you get that big bike in the rolling paper anyway?

thanks for pointing this out... but i didn't feel drunk
laugh.gif
lol

anyway, i have never smoked in my life not even once and i don't drink all that often. when i said i drunk a beer, i mean a 330ml 5% alcohol AFTER i had eaten well at home
smile.gif
Ummmm... Just because you ate, doesn't mean you weren't drunk. Actually, it made the effect of the alcohol last longer because your body processes the food first, which leaves the alcohol in your system. Sorry to kinda jump on ya, but I'm VERY against drinking ANY amount of alcohol and climbing on a bike.

You'd brag about beating a Honda CBR 1000 (Heaviest, slowest bike of all the liter bikes)

Next time you have a few beers and feel like racing on the streets, pick on a ZX10 or Gixxer1K. Now they may improve your riding skills a bit?

Sorry to smack you son, but drinking and riding motorcycles is a sure combination for disaster. I think most every board member here would agree that drinking and racing is just about as dumb as it gets? But looking on the bright side, we haven't fulfilled the 3,600 deaths (Give or take a few) which will occur on the nations streets and highways yet this year and it's usually the dumb ones that go first!

Do us all a favor, next time you want to have a beer with the boys, leave the bike at home.

gotta agree with folks here scooter-kudos on beating an old nemesis first of all, i know the feeling. But it would feel better at a track, with all your buddies there to watch in broad daylight with video cameras rolling. Then you can really improve your reaction times, see what you're doing wrong and fix it too. When you're done-if u have a trailer, go ahead n treat yourself to a cold one on the way home. If you gotta ride back...just wait til u get there.

I work in bars all weekend, and cant tell you how many times I see some cocky show-off on his chromed-out whatever bike, come into my club n put down 3 or 4 beers in an hour or less, then jump back on bike and speed off down the street, which is littered with nose-to-nose traffic from 11pm til 2:30am. Never watched an accident happen, but I've driven by some of these fools after work, 4-5 blocks away from my bar; they're either layin next to bike which is obviously dumped, crying like babies; or they walk backn forth cursing themselves. I stop n ask if they need help, but i always get the "no thanks, got some1 coming to pick the pieces up for me". dont let yourself get caught up...

i did just that 4 weeks ago...and now my bike needs a new front fairing mount, nosepiece, brake master cylinder, foot pegs, tank, rt. fairing, and tail...cuz I thought i'd 'show off' for someone. And I was stonecold sober at 10am. Flipped my baby onto her head...and my fiancee onto her a**. It aint worth it scoot. Trust me.:p

gotta agree with folks here scooter-kudos on beating an old nemesis first of all, i know the feeling. But it would feel better at a track, with all your buddies there to watch in broad daylight with video cameras rolling. Then you can really improve your reaction times, see what you're doing wrong and fix it too. When you're done-if u have a trailer, go ahead n treat yourself to a cold one on the way home. If you gotta ride back...just wait til u get there.

I work in bars all weekend, and cant tell you how many times I see some cocky show-off on his chromed-out whatever bike, come into my club n put down 3 or 4 beers in an hour or less, then jump back on bike and speed off down the street, which is littered with nose-to-nose traffic from 11pm til 2:30am. Never watched an accident happen, but I've driven by some of these fools after work, 4-5 blocks away from my bar; they're either layin next to bike which is obviously dumped, crying like babies; or they walk backn forth cursing themselves. I stop n ask if they need help, but i always get the "no thanks, got some1 coming to pick the pieces up for me". dont let yourself get caught up...

i did just that 4 weeks ago...and now my bike needs a new front fairing mount, nosepiece, brake master cylinder, foot pegs, tank, rt. fairing, and tail...cuz I thought i'd 'show off' for someone. And I was stonecold sober at 10am. Flipped my baby onto her head...and my fiancee onto her a**. It aint worth it scoot. Trust me.:p
What he said.

hm, the thread turned out a bit different than it was supposed to.
smile.gif
drinking a beer was just the intro
smile.gif
main topic is that the cbr was smoked!
smile.gif
thrice!
smile.gif

as for the drinking and driving/riding whatever, you wouldn't believe how much i agree with you. here in greece you see 15-year olds drinking, 20-year olds become alcoholics. as for me, damn, i don't even know what the whiskey tastes - HONESTLY. i never drunk, i don't like drinking, i don't endorse it. it's just that ONE beer, is not that important. let alone our traffic code allows such quantity of alcohol in the blood, it's just below minimum. and yeah, i agree that sometimes even one beer can get you dizzy, but if that occured, trust me, i wouldn't have raced the other guy. i didn't race him because i was 'high' and feeling 'confident' at that time, it's just the time it occured. as i said drinking a beer was just the intro of the 'essay'
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Alcohol and any motor driven vehicle will eventually result in something very bad.

I wouldn't except anything less, would you? Busa's forever!

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153072502 -->

well, the new 1000s are very fast. busa stock wouldn't be able to make it imo. but looks like the busa needs a commander to unleashed the caged monster in it. with same extras, busa still is quite competitive compared to the 1000s league with the same extras. busa still suprises me sometimes, even after 2.5 years having it
smile.gif

what i also noticed is that busa is VERY tire-dependant. i previously got smoked by a vtr-sp2 with full acra ti once, and my friends gsx-r 1000 k6 kinda smoked me but i didn't have a brand new set of tires. in the next few days we're gonna race, i challenged him already, i'll let you guys know what happened
biggrin.gif

C'mon guys. He said he had 1 beer. I dare say that most of the board members here have ridden after drinking more than that.

I don't endorse drinking & riding/driving in the least, however, I don't think that one beer is going to put anybody over the edge.

That said, drinking the beer and racing, not such a good idea. Racing is stupid dangerous when done completely sober. Adding alcohol only multiplies the risk.

I thought it was nice when someone pointed out about the drinking and driving. I guess some of you are way too serious about it. It would be nice if that happened around here. Portugal has the highest rates in Europe of drunk drivers and ppl killed on the road.

Back