Smoke in Neutral Idle

hartmanap

Registered
In the past week I've relowered the bike using the adjustable and also removed the rearsets to paint them. Everything was put back as it supposed to, etc.

Today was the first time I've actually let it run for more than a few seconds. I started it and ran in the house to grab the helmet and wallet and when I came back out I had some white smoke coming from the bike with the smell of burnt brake or clutch. Immediately turned the bike off and started looking for the source with no availe. Ran to the store, approx 15 minutes and when I got back I started the bike back up and let it run. It smoked a bit more then quit. Rides fine with no noises or such. I did notice that when it was on the kickstand it was doing it but when upright it did not.

Any ideas to what this could have been? Anything with unscrewing the clutch rod and removing it in order to remove the rear set? Gears shift fine with no issues.

Seems to be okay now but not sure why it did that.

did you change the oil or get oil on any hot parts? Maybe just burn off?

There was no oil ever exposed to anything. The only thing I can possibly think of is that I removed the Brock Slip on in order to get to the lowering link better and to aluminum polish it and maybe the aluminum polish is burning off. No clue. My original fear was that the rod was adjusted wrong and allowing the clutch to burn or something.

Back