Smoke from around headlight area?

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Had the new (1000 miles) busa out for it's first "night" ride tonight and when I came back into the dark garage to park her I noticed smoke showing up in the headlight beam, as if it was coming from the headlight assembly. No smell to it and everything looks OK, no burned wiring or anything else unusual noticed, etc.. It was 100 degrees outside this evening and the lens felt white hot to the touch just before I shut her down. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Check for an oil leak onto the headers.
smile.gif

Yep, my bike smoked a little after an oil change due to oil on the header pipes. Burns off pretty quick though.

You can reduce this by putting tinfoil over the pipes where the oil can drip onto them when changing out the filter etc.

that happened to me for about ten minutes or so after i had cleaned the headlight with plexus, but it burned off.
HA! I had just completed doing the Plexus cleaning also! Anyway, no more smokin', she's ready for a nice ride around Lake Tahoe tomorrow! Thanks guys, your input has been greatly appreciated!
smile.gif

firedevil.gif

get it all the time here, Pacific coast. Lots of fog and the headlight assy is always "smoking" from the moisture.
firedevil.gif

Actually the Busa is just so hot is smokes standing still.
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Back