smoke at full power, why?

use2b

Registered
My Busa i am told pumps out a fair amount of black smoke under full power.
does not use oil , plugs stay clean , power commander is on lean at idle but goes towards rich when RPM's go up.
Did i just answer my own question?
what i am asking = is this normal ? am i just too rich at the higher R's? any ideas?
it is a 2000 model with 17,000 miles .

Has your bike been tuned???You may simply need to have it tuned sounds rich up top...Or it may need rings...I'm not on the technical side...Also check out the Common Problems section...

do u have the correct map for the set up ur running? do u have an aftermaket air filter in? if not go get one that may lean it out enuf. that would be the cheapest route.. if that doesnt help it most definitely take it to a tuner.

thanks guys , my son said that he watched the last dyno run and it is just very rich and really smelled. i did not own the bike then.
yes it has a K&N filter and i will take it to a very good mechanic at his [home shop] next weekend.
he is the top mech. at a suzuki shop but does side work at home. i did not get the cable that goes with the PC ether.
as far as the Map. i really do not know what he is running.
it has a full yoshi 4-2-1.
i have seen the consumer free download for this set up and may just have to try that.

Picture_081_L.jpg

thanks guys , my son said that he watched the last dyno run and it is just very rich and really smelled.   i did not own the bike then.
yes it has a K&N filter and i will take it to a very good mechanic at his   [home shop]    next weekend.
he is the top mech. at a suzuki shop but does side work at home. i did not get the cable that goes with the PC ether.
as far as the Map.  i really do not know what he is running.
it has a full yoshi 4-2-1.
i have seen the consumer free download for this set up and may just have to try that.
- the black smoke is a rich running motor(blue smoke is an internal engine prob)

- the K&N will make it run lean if anything(more air flow)

-the yosh will usually contribute to a lean running bike not one thats rich

-my adivce : 1. dont bother with a free downloaded map, if you want it exact,the chances that you'll nail it first time out are a thousand to one. We cant tune these babies by ear anymore , it's not 56 Chevy .
2. dont bother taking it to a fully qualified tech thats workin' out of his home garage , UNLESS , he has a dyno and an exhaust gas annaylizer sittin' in the corner.

have a good 1....RSD.

ps....love yer bike...I have the same semi-rare paint scheme.

were twins...cept I have a Hindle full titanium

have a good 1....RSD.

Back