Smell like a Dog!

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I once read on a touring forum about a guy who was telling us to smell like a dog. He said most humans put smells low on the sensory priority list. He said that dogs use their sense of smell as a tool and so should street riders. You can smell things like lawn mowers, animals (alive and dead) and even trucks ahead. I do try to use this and last weekend I smelled road kill and slowed down before I saw these birds. Good thing. Hitting this group at 80-90 mph would have been a mess - both for them and me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some call it a 6th sense but I like to refer to it as all 5 making 1.
This is all things taken conscientiously and/or Sub conscientiously to make gut decisions based on many factors we may not be totally aware of at face value.
Gut feelings should be heeded because you never know just what sense (or all) are telling you.
Good for you to realize and react to your senses! Thumbs up on that!
Ride safe!

Vultures are large animals. It would not have been good to have hit it, not to mention all the nasty things associated with one of them. Anyway I've always used my sense of smell. It took me awhile to run down a guy smoking a black and mild today :laugh:

Good job, lots of risk with those guys always.

Back