Small upgrade

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I have a Shoei RF900 that I love but it was very noisy and did not breathe very well in hot weather. After doing a lot of research, it came down to the Corsair RX-7 and the X-Eleven. I tried both and liked each one but the Shoei seemed to fit just a tad better on my head. My RF900 was a great helmet but if you turned to either side you would get tons of buffeting and noise. The X-Eleven does not do that. In fact, it’s so comfortable and quiet compared to my RF900 that I cannot believe the difference. And, all of a sudden my ZG Double bubble works just fine. So, I can only believe that it was the RF900 that pushed my head back so hard.

To me, this is a big upgrade even though the cost of the two helmets is not that much difference. I have to say that I did not try out the new RF1000. It is supposed to be a fantastic upgrade from the 900.

Just my opinion.

Paul

X_eleven1.jpg

Nice helmet, Lazer! I care about my noggin', but haven't invested the money in a helmet that others have. I've stuck with the HJC line and it does okay. I will probably upgrade next year and look for either an Shoei or Arai.

Helmet looks good, thanks for the report...  Now get out there and loose them Damned reflectors.  Your going to be looking a Fine, and a possible Article 15 if you do not immediatly loose them damn things.  You know the rules...
biggrin.gif

Is a really nice helmet bro, Nice and Bright, cool shape...  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083110606 -->

LOL, Ok, its my new project with cutting my rear fender off. You always make me laugh Rev.

Nice bike/seats/lid.......................I did buy the rf1000.........................&.....love it!!!!! This is such a great forum. Always so many people willing to help. Thanks for the pics and info on the helmets Lazer!

I had a Suomy Spec-1R replica that I loved. It was so light and fit like a champ and not really noisy. It got damaged when I got rear-ended about a month ago, so I just switched to AGV XR-2 Rossi Icon (because I got an awesome deal on it). Its supposed to be top notch as well and very quiet. I'll update once I recover from surgery and start riding again.

I just posted a question about the X11

I have the RF1k but I want to get another for the ladies
smile.gif

Why not get the top of the line for me.
Where did you get the X11?

Cool deal lazer i always wanted helmets like that but my noggin is to big so i'm in the HJC line still good though and suites me well.
was Gona ask if much is going on around there from the 16th to the 19th i may be in the area for them days going to the little playboy show tour in minneapolis on that Tues and I have plans of bringing the bike along to get it Tuned up at Hitmans so i can take full advantages of my upgrades hehe
cool.gif

cool helmet, i looked at that one, but wasnt sure how it would look with the orange busa. it seems to go pretty good. where did u get your seats done?  i like the small kanji symbols on the side. oh and i have to say get those reflectors off aslo hehe j/k  i tried to post a pic of my seat but it didnt work

Its amazing how much a helmet can make a difference in a ride. My first helmet was a cheap $150. The helmet was heavier then cow poop and caused me to have lots of neck pain on my zx7r. In fact, I started to not wear a helmet on the average because of it... It just wasn't near as fun to ride with that piece of sh$%.

I bought an Arai helmet with my Busa; lightest one they make... Never thought about neck pain again to say the least and I never leave home without it...

Cloud

cool helmet, i looked at that one, but wasnt sure how it would look with the orange busa. it seems to go pretty good. where did u get your seats done?  i like the small kanji symbols on the side. oh and i have to say get those reflectors off aslo hehe j/k  i tried to post a pic of my seat but it didnt work
Superbusa, those are Tobin seats made by one of our own. Here is the info on them:

I just bought a OGK FF4 lid online from a guy at www.topendz.com

it is a Dave Jeffries replica, and will look sweet. OGK is big in Japan, and was recommended by a racer co-worker.

Probably the lightest around at about 1370 grams.:cool:

Hey, Vulture, I think those can protectors look pretty cool! After I get my slip-ons or full system I might need to pick up a pair!

Back