Small Box Mod, PAIR Removal on '08?

Scarabsport

Registered
I should have my Blue '08 in the next day or so from ARS. Of course the pipes have to go in favor of a full Yosh system so I'll have to do the PC3 at the same time. TRE is not a factor for me but does anyone know if the PAIR block offs and small airbox mod will be the same for the '08? I plan on doing a custom map so I may as well do all the mods at the same time before the dyno tune. If there is something I'm leaving out (other than turbo!) for round 1 please let me know.
Thanks from West Palm.

And if anyone knows of a particularly good Busa tuner down here let me know

Remind me, is the pair block offs directly above the exhaust? Here is pic of my 2008. Not present on 2008's?

TRE.jpg

That would be where I would be looking for them, right above the exhaust, HayabusaZone has a really good picture of the block off points on their site. As you can tell I am no Jeremy Burgess but it seems strange there would be no pair valves on an '08.
rock.gif
I think I remember on my R1 the block off pates were under the exhaust outlets.

Here is a pic I "borrowed" from one of our esteemed members. It is a Gen1 Busa. I believe it shows the blocked pair. I looked for this on my 08 and couldnt find. Could I have missed? Other 08 owners feel free to chime in.

PAIR.jpg

It has none , but it does have a cat. converter. In earlier models the pair valve acted as an emission device I think .

The airbox is now like a gsxr so no box mod needed!!

Same for the pair..looks like a gsxr setup which can be made to a sucker mod By adding a T and some hose to the pcv..

Just going from pics Ive seen..I havent worked on one yet..

Thank you for the replies, very interesting and saved me a whole lot of time tearing the motor apart looking for the pair and drilling holes all over the air box.

Back