Small Air Box Mod Vacuum Line Questions

ssgunny

Registered
I have started this mod and had some questions on what can be permanently removed from the bike. I do not know what proper terms to use so forgive me.

Here is the overall picture of the line from the Left TB to a check valve, to a splitter and then to the small black canister. What you can't see is that the splitter diverts a line to a junction (will post later) which continues on to the bottom of the air box.

Overall Picture of Left TB, Check Valve & Splitter.jpg

Here I removed the splitter and pluged the line with the check valve from the TB directly in to the small black canister. This will allow me to remove the splitter and flapper valve solenoid (what I referenced as junction in the original post) that runs to the bottom of the air box.

Line with Check Valve from Left TB Removed from Splitter.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the flapper valve solenoid that I previously mentioned about mounted on the inside of the frame. I plan to remove this. It has an electrical connection on top.

Line From Air Box and To Splitter.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the flapper valve solenoid removed. Is there anything else that can be removed? It appears that the small black canister is a possibility for removal. I would even go as far to say that the line with the check valve could be removed and the spot on the TB capped. Thoughts on this???

Junction with Line from Air Box and Line to Splitter.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I looked in the manual and the check valve is refered to as the VTV and the black canister is refered to as the Vacuum damper. I decided to remove these items also since (according to the manual) they only seem to work with the Vacuum control solenoid valve (what I refered to as the flapper valve solenoid earlier) which I removed earlier.

VTV and Vacuum Damper Removed from Left Side TB.jpg

It looks to me like you have simply removed the emmissions canister on a Cali bike.

You are thinking at this way too much! All you need to do, is plug the line!

You are thinking at this way too much! All you need to do, is plug the line!
I hear you. I will keep the stuff in a box somewhere but if I can do without it on the bike I rather take it off.

That is a sick paint job BTW.

Last edited:
To answer to the PM:

Flapper valve can be removed and the connection reused e.g. for nitrous solenoid activation.

What is important is to keep that 4-1 line that goes from TB:s to the IAP sensor. That helps the bike to run idle and up to cruising speeds.

Back