sm airbox mod

haya:)boosta

Registered
i was talking to the mechanic at my local shop and he suggested when doing the small airbox mod to leave the flapper valve in place.. does anyone have an opinion of there own on this? and why? thanks for the feedback.

I have the full air box mod,, My flap was removed and I sealed it with a solid piece of plastic. Worked out fine for me, and as for the Why,, well cause KWS motorsports said so, lol

The flapper valve or actuator needs be left in place to seal the hole unless you want to epoxy a fabricated piece of plastic or metal to seal it .

Some remove the flapper only . Some remove the flapper and flapper tower and then there's the entire small box mod .

FWIW probably the highest hp stock bore , stock cammed Busa I ever saw just had  the flapper removed .

You or anyone else can have this new airbox for 40 bucks and if you don't like the mod you can go back to stock .

Here's the valve actuator .

100_1804.jpg

You can kinda see the flapper and tower here .

100_1803.jpg

Many thnx for the pics & info. And if you havn't sold it yet I'll take it. Any map sensor with it? BTW what was the real HP on that busa?
bowdown.gif

(haya:)boosta @ Mar. 08 2007,12:29) Any map sensor with it?
You mean part # 15620-02F00 boost sensor @ $208.08 from Ron Ayers ?

No , it does not come with the airbox .
biggrin.gif

By accident I left on another one I sold awhile back and after shipping it I asked for it back along with the water temp sensor " $41.61 "

Nothing
firedevil.gif

(mountainmotor @ Mar. 08 2007,16:42)
(haya:)boosta @ Mar. 08 2007,12
super.gif
) Any map sensor with it?
You mean part # 15620-02F00 boost sensor @ $208.08 from Ron Ayers ?

No , it does not come with the airbox .
biggrin.gif

By accident I left on another one I sold awhile back and after shipping it I asked for it back along with the water temp sensor " $41.61 "

Nothing  
firedevil.gif
ouch that suks

Back