slush fund vote

slush fund vote - nomination

• rubbersidedown as the slush fund treasurer

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • anyone but rubberside (please provide a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not interested in the slush fund idea (it sux)

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oracle

Registered
I nominate rubbersidedown as the slush fund treasurer/chairman. Who is with me?
thumbs-up.gif

If he took a penny from every dollar, that would be a $300 payment for $30,000 slush fund. Not much but plenty to run a bank account and paypal payment system. This is just a suggestion that obviously would be voted on.

The only investing we would have to do is in an MMA (only returning about 1%, but still returning).

I agree about posting money figures each month (in Excel or something similar). Then if someone sent money and it doesn't show-up (i.e. rubberside got new gloves [no offense meant]) they could say so.

I think almost everyone would be willing to send $10 per year. That is nothing (even for the unemployed).

I like the idea of anyone participating gets a vote. You could setup one more forum topic titled "slush fund" or something. Then people could post their ideas and we could vote on any collectively (that required it). Anyone who votes that hasn't paid will be ignored and chastized publicly.

All you would need is a paypal account where you can accept payment... Then we wouldn't have to send checks or anything.

If it gets out of hand or out of control, we could always convert it to a non-profit org later. Then the stinkin' lawyers could get involved.

The Concourse Owners Group (COG) charges $30 per year. And, they have monthly rides all over the country.

See: www.concours.org

BTW - dont go to www.cog.org it is witch stuff... Ew.

Of course, they use some of the monies to print a monthly newsletter and stuff like that. We would have to form a non-profit org if we really wanted to jazz things up.

This would be something for the Captain to decide on, vote or no, it is his place.  The Non-Profit organization would be the way to go as would annual "dues".  If word got out and the thing gets marketed properly it could be something really outstanding, profitable as well.  Non Profit Organizations tend to absorb any potential profit through cool organizational activities, special benefits for members, AND higher salaries.

I originaly suggested a Non Profit set up because of the potential benefits it would offer whomever ends up directing it.
Big tax breaks mostly.  In the Captains case all of his expenses incured that are related to this site would be a write off as well.  A significant portion of his house, construction costs, gas/electricity... etc could all be written off.
Only way to do better was if the Captain were to start his own Church...Hey there you go...First Church Of Hayabusa...

My .25

Up to the Cap. If it is worth it to him then i would be for it. If he does not like it I would be against it. Simple as that...

of course...  This is assuming that rubbersidedown will accept the nomination!
Sure , I'd do it . I think we should keep this in perspective thou . There's no need for it to turn into anything that has Inc. in the title . Simple . Thats all I was suggesting . A simple way to help out our fellow busa riders . The captain created this site,it looks gr8, seems like a real stand up guy.If he wants to do it gr8 . Its not really about his web site thou. It's about some folks gettin' together an' doin' somthin' with 10 bucks . If we got enuff dough,and could start investing and makin some $, cool . If it somehow turned all ugly , mail out a refund to everyone . I personally cant see anything major popping up . It was just a way for some poor unlucky bastard to get his bike back on the road in the event of some nasty thing happening . I dont think it'll really get off the ground anyway . Cap' made this site . He made it free for anyone to enjoy . Mandatory charges,membership dues,yadda yadda are not what I think he had in mind . I was hoping we could get a drag bike goin' or what we like to do here is a little hill climbing . The local Harley dealer has about 30 grand invested in this hog hillclimber . My buddies shop usually kicks his ass with something we've thrown together . First year it was a v45 magna . Next it was a GSXR 1100 . I'd love to see a beefed up Busa kickin butt all over north america . Pass it around....ship it to whoever wants to blast up some hill somewhere . HAYABUSA DOT ORG , ritten on the side . Who knows . It seems that alot of us have connections in the M/C world . Anything is possible if you want it . Anyways...drifted there for a second....
If you can get people organized,I think the world is your oyster . I'll be talking to my buddy Jim tomorrow about parts at cost plus a couple bucks , thru his shop for any/all my busa buddies . I'll do the paperwork down at the shop,he wont have to do a thing . If everyone on this site used 2 or 3 shops worldwide (1 in the US , 1 in Canada , 1 in the UK ) I'm sure we could get some hot deals . We all need chains,oil,tires,goodies, these BadBirds use up products like their goin outa style . Just ideas , thats all .
There's probably enuff of us around the world,certainly in north america , to set up a little "Tour the World for 3 bucks a day thing " . Here's what I mean : I'm up here on Vancouver Island , someones in Seattle Wash. , sum1's in Oregon ,Northern Cal , sum 1 in Nevada . You've just covered 1 province 4 states with only 5 people . Those four people take turns hosting their brothers/sisters for a couple days...or getting them cheap hotels ...whatever ...point is,if all you've gotta pay is gas , I'm thinking you can see the whole damb world for next to nothing . For instance : at my place you'd get a place to crash(not your own room or anything,just a small house) yer bike sleeps in my shop . You wanna tune it up,adjust yer chain etc etc, I've got 99% of the tools you could want . Make every 1 breakfast ( I can cook in more ways than 1 hee hee hee) .
It's just me....but I think if you've got a decent group of people out there....the sky's the limit .
Have a good night people . Andy .

I think Captain would be a good person to handle it, but he is probly way to busy
My only request.. if Captain should decided to take it on himself.. he must take it on HIMSELF. Thats a bit too much for his peon here to handle. smile.gif

Captain: Sure guys.. I'll take care of it all. *Minutes later*
Captain: Hey Dustin, can you do me a favor.....

I'm just joking around though.. I'll help anyway I can.

Rubber seems cool, but I still feel new around here and he is a lot newer than me. I would feel better if it were someone with an accounting or banking type background, and someone who has been around for a long while. Ideally, it would be someone connected with the board like Captain. It is potentially to much money to entrust to one individual.  Also, there would be a lot of decisions to make like how much to give to people, who is eligible for money, etc. That is why I believe a comittee would be necessary.

Yeah Thinker I am with you.

Nothing Personal against Rubberside, NOT AT ALL, It is just that, he is new, Like myself. I think that there is a Core group here, Folks with over 1000 posts and memberships dating back to 01 or beyond that should or need to take this idea and kick it around a bit. Call them the Board of directors.
I don't advocate making dues required for membership to the web site, not at all, participation should be completely voluntary. If you want benefits or to be an official member Yadda Yadda...you have to pay.

Dustman, I wasn't really saying that the Captain has to go it solo, but maybe could gather his troops, and have a look into the whole NPO thing. Mostly because of the potential to cover all his expenses and maybe even turn this whole thing into a bit of a money maker for him and some of the other..."Directors" while providing some really sweet benefits for all the members...The Crash Fund...Newsletters...Discounts at Denny's? Hell I Dunno...

What I do know is it would be alot of work, and it should be handled by the Captain, or at least the Approval of the Captain...

Up to the Cap.  If it is worth it to him then i would be for it.  If he does not like it I would be against it.  Simple as that...
So in other words Ninja..."You're a "YES" man, huh?" Probably not, just when the Capt. says "NO," you say "NO!" right?rock.gif Couldn't resist that one Ninja. Just liked that little line from the Distinguished Gentleman.

Still funny as hell though laugh.gif laugh.gif

Brian afro.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks for the opening vote of confidence there vripley . It appears there's just not that much interest,which is cool .
You'd only get a few people anyway I think . The ones truly committed to m/c riding and the people that ride .Most folks just want a web site for some qwik answering of questions . etc etc . Not that many people are really interested in helping out fellow bikers . I give everyone who rides a fair shake , wether it be a girl on a moped or a Hell's Angel on some raked out hardtail . Last year we were camping up north a bit . We were heading off to another campsite . I spied on the side of the road this Harley guy broken down . So we pulled over to lend a hand . I couldn't get the guy going . He thanked me for pulling over and said for us to have a good holiday . I said hold on there bud , I'm not leaving you stranded here in the middle of no where . So I tied all my big stuff on top of my van , an' loaded his hog into the back , an drove him back the other way an hour or so to his buddy's place . He couldn't believe it. Nor could his buddy . I say it was no big deal . You just dont leave people stranded . I think these days are quikly coming to a close .
Ladies, especially are totally blown away when the big ugly biker guy (stereotype) thats me , pulls over to lend a hand.I love it . I love shocking them . I've crawled my ass under their car in the pouring rain . Changed a tire or 2 .
Wow, drifted off topic again there....o well . Pull me outa the runnin' for any kind of "High Powered Exec" position in the "NEW H DOT ORG" . I really don't have an interest in accountants,lawyers,boards,presidents . Just thought it might be neat to do something for my fellow biker . Thats all. I like people , well good people anyway . I've always been a bit of a loner . By that I mean , what people think of me really matters not . I sleep well a night . A man without honour is nothing . If having 3000 posts on this web site gains you some sort of trust or respect....then I think I'll pass. I wasnt looking for anything personally , wasnt looking to pay my electric bill , or renovate my house ,get free bike parts . Nothing . Money dosent mean that much to me . I have everything I want . Got my girl , my house ,my dogs, my bike . What more is there ? Anyways , if you can "Make 'er float" I think that'll be cool for ya . Have a good nite . Andy.

I am an accounting major at Southwest Missouri State University. I will be graduating in December with my bachelor’s degree and I hope to have my CPA and my CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) license some time next year. I may be able to answer questions and help in other ways.

BOOZER

Up to the Cap.  If it is worth it to him then i would be for it.  If he does not like it I would be against it.  Simple as that...
So in other words Ninja..."You're a "YES" man, huh?"  Probably not, just when the Capt. says "NO," you say "NO!" right?rock.gif  Couldn't resist that one Ninja.  Just liked that little line from the Distinguished Gentleman.

Still funny as hell though laugh.gif laugh.gif

Brian afro.gif
In this case YES... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I do not have a problem with the idea but I think that there should be more than one person involved in the decision making this would keep everyone straight ! Plus how are you going to determine who and when to pay for damages. Just a couple of question I have? But don't get me wrong I would love to see it. I have helped probably a dozen friends rebuild their rides. I think it is going to be a big task. GOOD LUCK!

Rubberside,
 I just wanted to say again that my above comments were not intended to be a slam in any way.  Nobody here can judge anybody else on anything other than posts made.

My point is about commitment and time spent dealing with the board.  The only people I can think of that have what I would call a commitment to the board are those directly responsible for it's care and feeding, particulary the Captain, Dustman, and the others who have been here from the begining.  You'll notice that although there are 3K something members we only see posts from maybe 100 or so on any regular basis?  So it would be important for health of a crash fund, NPO, or whatever that the person/people appointed to handle the thing are going to be around.
 The reason I focused on the Captain and benefits of a NPO or Charitable Organization, is that he is one who foots the bill for this site, nobody else.  If the thing took off and he can write off the cost of maintaining the site and a percentage of his mortgage as business expenses good for him, the .org would certainly benefit as well.  Hell, if makes a nice little profit from it even better.

Your Comment ...The ones truly committed to m/c riding and the people that ride .Most folks just want a web site for some qwik answering of questions . etc etc . Not that many people are really interested in helping out fellow bikers[/QUOTE]... comes off sounding like sour grapes and the implication that those who did not want to participate are less than "Commited" to riding also sounds like a faintly veiled jab.
 I agree with you that the whole idea of lawyers, a business plan, a board of directors and such is distasteful, but to make something like the crash fund/NPO/Charitable organization they are neccessary evils...especially with as Lawsuit happy as Americans have become.  You really cannot "trust" much of anything and thats a shame, but it's a reality and it does suck.

Your Final Statements,
 Pull me outa the runnin' for any kind of "High Powered Exec" position in the "NEW H DOT ORG" .  I really don't have an interest in accountants,lawyers,boards,presidents . Just thought it might be neat to do something for my fellow biker . Thats all. I like people , well good people anyway . I've always been a bit of a loner . By that I mean , what people think of me really matters not . I sleep well a night .  A man without honour is nothing .    If having 3000 posts on this web site gains you some sort of trust or respect....then I think I'll pass.   I wasnt looking for anything personally , wasnt looking to pay my electric bill , or renovate my house ,get free bike parts . Nothing[/QUOTE]  makes it sound like you really are Taking this whole thing personally.  Lashing out at a suspected jab to you.  The "3000" posts comment, WTF?   Just remember that NOBODY HERE knows you or who you are or what you are about.  We can only go by the comments made by you on this board, simple.  
 Yeah, and you thought you could ramble...

A lot of comments and lack of questions and answers does sort of prove the point. IT WOULD BE A TREMINDIOUS TASK TO GET ENOUGH MEMBERS WANTING, AGREEING OR MOVING FORWARD WITH THIS. Now this does not make it bad or wrong or good and excellent for that matter. It does however make very difficult to start. Look around, lots of bike groups have started this, are still functioning??

Yeah Ninja your right, or even a <span style='color:seagreen'>tremendous</span> amount of work...

Sorry couldn't resist...

It would be really cool, even though it certainly will be a difficult chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back