Slowest You've Slowed Your Busa

RatherBusa

Registered
Part 2 in the Busa Superlatives Series.

Alright, just being frain bried from work... :thumbsup:

I guess if you want to reply, here's a legit question...

What is the highest speed you have slowed your bike from when seeing a cop, how quickly did you decelerate and were you successful?

Hmmm maybe 130+ wouldnt you say Dave? John? Mike? maybe even another 10 plus? :rofl: I think Dave was maybe 150? :woot:

What is termed sucessful? did we get tickets? did we get caught? Well one of us got pulled over (about 4 miles later when he saw the light behind him :rofl: )

We slowed down from about 160 before coming around the corner and seeing this!:whistle:

cops.JPG

Saw him at approx. 160 and got it down to the cited speed of 107...

Cost me 1 point on my license and $1000.00 in fines... The lawyer was $2500.00 and well worth it.. The penalty could have been 2 points, a negligent operator attachment (10 Years), 30 day license suspension, and $2500.00 in fines. :please:

We slowed down from about 160 before coming around the corner and seeing this!:whistle:

I remember that day. Only I saw him mid-turn around and I about t-boned him as he was turning around.

Grumpy pulled along side the cop running over 120 and then hammered it.... after he pulled about 30 bike lengths the lights came on and on down the road he went...(well who checks their mirrors at 150mph... 4 miles later, he notices lights!! :rofl: and only got a warning...

Just got a warning yesterday morning actually. Myself and a riding buddy on a 05 1k were playing. We came up over a rise in the road I was reading 181 and he was about 50yds behind. I thought I saw something up ahead in the turn around(read, where LEO's sit and run laser) and hammered on the brakes. went by them at about 65-70(in a 60). They didn't pull out... so about 2mi down the road we just start to inch back up to around 75 and there was the tag car sittin in the weeds. He came out and lit me up. Checked my papers... said "them other guys up the road heard you two coming... you outta slow it down out here when I'm on shift please, I'd hate to have to write you...they only got you at 5 over, so here's your break, slow down on my shift. I don't want to have to see you smeared all over the road" Then he bs'd with me about the Busa for a couple min and off to work I went. Needless to say, I've ridden at or below the speed limit last night and today...and they were sittin in the same place this morning, and waved when I rode by.
(at 58 mph):laugh:

Officer O'Conor is the best highway patrolmen in the San Diego area, hands down.

Alright, well you will all be receiving a citation in your inbox with a fine due in an amount respective of your crime. Welcome to the new United States Safety Patrol, web-enabled division, enacted into law just yesterday by President (Elect) Hussein.

Ha! :laugh:

Pretty interesting stories - I didn't expect the turnout.

Personally, I have been fairly lucky. Somehow I always freak out and slow down (usually from about 130 or so) just before I even spot the cop. I dunno, maybe speeder's intuition... or I am just too chicken poop to go that fast for more than a few seconds. Haha :rofl:

Last edited:
I never do insane speeds for much longer than about ten seconds.. so most of the time I pass cops I'm doing 10 over.. and don't slow down at all unless it's a school zone/construction zone.. NEVER been pulled over on the bike :)

was doing 140. passed a cop slowed to 100 cause he seen. waved from the far lane and kept it moving. by the time he got to start i was audi 5000

The real question should be:

How fast were you going when spotted, and how fast did you accelerate, and to what speed?

:whistle:

Spotted at 130 and topped out about what felt like 5seconds later. Never saw him again.:moon:

tried that once, but there was another trooper 5 miles up the road that i didnt know about. passed the 2nd trooper an normal speed but a few seconds later he was on my arse. no matter how fast i go, i could'nt outrun the radio. i just dont run anymore, not worth the trouble/consiquences

Well being a cop I could care less what the speddo says, at night I never slow down, and during the day I usually take evasive action if seen on the highway. I.E. next exit get off and haul arse:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But if I do stop or get stopped its nice to have the badge:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Back