Slips out of 1st gear

07BusaPilot

Registered
Howdy, hoping someone might know what's going on... seems that if I leave under hard acceleration the bike jumps out of 1st anywhere between 8000 - 9000 rpm ( this is a guess as I've yet to actually see ). It has happened before but I wrote it off as not being fully in gear but lately it's been pretty consistent and unnerving. The bike is a stock 07 with 11k. Thanks.

Bent shift fork maybe? I think the shift fork has something to do with holding it in 1st. Better talk to GixxerHP though.

P.

a trans cut and some forks will fix you up,seen it a few times
Howdy, hoping someone might know what's going on... seems that if I leave under hard acceleration the bike jumps out of 1st anywhere between 8000 - 9000 rpm ( this is a guess as I've yet to actually see ). It has happened before but I wrote it off as not being fully in gear but lately it's been pretty consistent and unnerving. The bike is a stock 07 with 11k. Thanks.

happened to me with 2nd - the gears push away from each other under hard accel. it can/will cause bent shift forks and shift fork shafts. its not a bad project if you have the tools/shop to do it or a friend who has done it before.

Back