slipping the clutch?

I'm by no means an expert and like said above, Everybody has a way of making u turns. I live in a main street and median doesn't allow you to just turn left. You have to go further down the street and make a u turn If you are going north (I live on the south side). I use the clutch sometimes. but, if there is no cars and I don't have to come to a complete stop, I just stay in second instead of using first gear and my U turns come out real nice because don't jerk much. Of course practice helps.( I have to make the same u turn 3-6 times a day). Just my 2 cents!

I'm by no means an expert and like said above, Everybody has a way of making u turns. I live in a main street and median doesn't allow you to just turn left. You have to go further down the street and make a u turn If you are going north (I live on the south side). I use the clutch sometimes. but, if there is no cars and I don't have to come to a complete stop, I just stay in second instead of using first gear and my U turns come out real nice because don't jerk much. Of course practice helps.( I have to make the same u turn 3-6 times a day). Just my 2 cents!

Great if it works , be very careful she dosnt decided to stall / lock up , you will know about it :banghead:

had this happen doing a slow u turn in first gear once and stalled her , the bike just stops you dead and wants to fall over , luckily i managed to save it but i hit the ground so hard with my right foot i lost a toe nail ( and yes i did have boots on ) not pleasant .
In fact the user manual says to pull the clutch in at speeds under 15mph

I don't slip the clutch, I'm more of a bump the clutch during a U-turn.

Back