Slipping Clutch

AKON-HAYABUSA

Registered
Hey guys I have a problem with my 2002 clutch. Im riding fine with no problems and all of a sudden I will loose power in the throttle. The bike will begin to rev as if the clutch lever was being pulled in and will not go anywhere. When I downshift back to 1st and attempt to pull off again the bike will creep very slowly or almost not move at all still reving like I have the lever pulled in. Please all suggestions are welcomed. By the way the levers are aftermarket and the MC has been chromed. Am I done for?

If the levers were on the bike and working fine before the clutch started to slip, then it does sound like the clutch.
Assuming it is, a clutch isn't that expensive and is easy to replace.
The service manual is posted on this site and all you need is basic hand tools.

+1^^^^^ new clutch pack. You can get by with just the fibers but nothing wrong with a brand new full set. 8mm & 10mm socket and about half an hour plus an oil change.

All rings have been changed... along with new springs, changed the push rod, oil changed twice. Funny thing to me is that if I bleed the slave the pressure is relieved and the nike will catch gear and its power back.

All rings have been changed... along with new springs, changed the push rod, oil changed twice. Funny thing to me is that if I bleed the slave the pressure is relieved and the*nike*will catch gear and its power back.

Sounds like clutch reservoir then. I have heard of trash in the reservoir causing issues

Clutch cylinder, clutch line, or clutch slave cylinder could have a leak.
Only needs to be a pinhole to let air in too.
I had the same thing happen to my Bking.
Clutch was good, slave cylinder was good, put a rebuild kit in the clutch cylinder and the problem was still there.
I replaced the line and that instantly fixed it.
Old line had a small hole in it, and no fluid would visibly leak out. There is more than one layer to the line also, so it was just enough to let air in the system, as it would not bleed at all.
I would get a rebuild kit for the clutch cylinder, and if that doesn't fix it, replace the line.
Sometimes simple straight-forward problems aren't as easy to find as they normally are and should be.
Good luck.

Back