Slip on vs Full System

Ebc HH "Extreme Pro" pads are ceramic embedded, and different from standard HH pads.
As Arch said, RaceTech(or Ohlins), you can call and send them your forks.
You will need to adjust your rear shock, but a spring change is not needed.
If money is no problem, you can buy a RaceTech or Ohlins rear shock, but again, not needed.
Levers can also make a difference.
Just from feeling or fitting better in your hands. Not a need, but the more comfortable you are on the bike, the more control you will have and more relaxed you will be.
ASV have finer adjustment than any other.
Shorty levers are also good for 1-2 fingers on the levers.
At your size, you may want to change the peg position too. Either adjustable rearsets, or just a lowered peg.
There are different bar setups as well.
The Busa aftermarket is huge, and makes it easy to make the bike fit you the way you want.

Quick comfortability question....when riding my throttle hand tends to fall asleep a lot. What can I do to minimize this, or is it just part of riding?

I always recommend a full system over slipons. It's lighter more power and not that much more $$ than slipons in a lot of cases. Maybe 50% more $$ for the full system? I like the look of a single exhaust better too.

If you're thinking $/hp, it was recently suggested on here that a stage 1 turbo is a good choice. You spend $3000 and get +40 hp instead of a 10 hp gain with a $2000 full system.

If you're thinking $/hp, it was recently suggested on here that a stage 1 turbo is a good choice. You spend $3000 and get +40 hp instead of a 10 hp gain with a $2000 full system.
I'm not that guy who wants a lot of power. No turbo for me. I just want it to look and sound pretty. Just a little extra power won't hurt. The bike scares me enough. Putting a turbo on it might really scare me.

Quick comfortability question....when riding my throttle hand tends to fall asleep a lot. What can I do to minimize this, or is it just part of riding?

Bar risers or Heli-Bars (bars with a bend that raises them and changes the angle), or both
combined can help the hand.
The thing that really helped my hands (I wear xl gloves) was Pro Grip 761 grips.
Pay no attention if you see them listed as scooter grips, as they are bike grips.
Not squishy, or rock hard, and a larger diameter in the center, tapering down to each side. I've put them on my last 2 bikes and a 4 wheeler.
I love them, you may hate them, but at $12 a pair, they really are no risk, and Pro Grip has been around a long time. ebay has them cheap.
At your size, a bigger grip may help.

Are you putting your weight on the bars? You should have your weight on your abs, no weight on the arms. Also you turn the throttle like a screw driver, most turn the throttle so the wrist gets bent. If all that is good follow Sixpacks advice on correcting your riding position. At 6'4" you probably need some adjustments.

All this advice and we never asked you how do you ride mostly? Cruising, twisties, drag racing, street racing, distance, etc.

Are you putting your weight on the bars? You should have your weight on your abs, no weight on the arms. Also you turn the throttle like a screw driver, most turn the throttle so the wrist gets bent. If all that is good follow Sixpacks advice on correcting your riding position. At 6'4" you probably need some adjustments.

All this advice and we never asked you how do you ride mostly? Cruising, twisties, drag racing, street racing, distance, etc.
Well this is my first bike so I'm taking it slow. I love to chill and cruise, but sometimes I like to get on it. I am not into dragging it. Cars...yes! I am to scared of the bike to drag it.

Back