Slight crack in fairings - need help with how to proceed

Hauie

I guess when I was away, someone tried to move the bike and it fell on its side. Im beyond angry, but I just want her to be like new again, since she is pretty damn new. And I need the fairings to be nice for when I wrap it later. What do you guys recommend as far as fixing it? It seems very small.

F21687EE-BBE0-4A77-B06A-86EB4150ED45.jpeg

Carefully pull the fairing off so you don’t crack it further, scuff up the back side of it good with course sandpaper and resin in a small patch of fiberglass along the crack extending beyond by an inch or two on the back to prevent it from spreading.

Carefully pull the fairing off so you don’t crack it further, scuff up the back side of it good with course sandpaper and resin in a small patch of fiberglass along the crack extending beyond by an inch or two on the back to prevent it from spreading.

Do you have any link or name to this fiberglass resin? This crack looks small enough to fix by hand, but guys that I bring my bikes to for work says it’s cheaper to buy a new piece. Fortunately, that piece is the smaller part of the right side fairing, I believe.

Do you have any links
or name to this fiberglass resin ?

This crack looks
small enough
to fix by hand,
but guys that I bring my bikes to for work
says it’s cheaper to buy a new piece .

Fortunately,
that piece is the smaller part
of the right side fairing,
I believe .

A body guy should be able to epoxy it together. I had small crack in one of my fairings last year and they epoxyd it before painting. It's held up fine. Not talking about the 5 minute stuff but the kick ass stuff that the pros use. The patch behind the crack as well is a great idea.next time the fairing is off I think I'll add one.

Local automotive shop or hardware store should have fiberglass mat and resin with hardner. Tape up the front securely so it won’t separate while you’re working in the backside of it and nomresin will come through, clean up the area behind the crack, sand it, cut a piece of fiber cloth big enough to cover all sides of the crack, mix up the resin and hardner per instructions, use a disposable paint brush, brush some on the entire area you’ll cover, lay down the mat on it, dab on mor resin over the top until it’s all covered, air pockets are out of the mat and it’s entorely saturated. Let it cure, remove tape from front, reinstall and just leave it alone. Trying to fix the crack from the front will turn into an entire project so just leave it be, IMO...

Update, I bought another fairing just to color match, and I'll probably sell this piece as is. If anyone needs a brand new 2018, slightly damaged fairing lol..

Back