slight break squeak! busa is brand new

jumbojimbo

Registered
Hey guys I just hit a little over 400 miles today on my new busa and while riding this evening I noticed a little squeaking going on when I apply the front break.. rode for most of the day today (started at 368 miles) and the squeaking came at the end of the evening. (around 417 miles) does anyone know if this is something that I should be expecting? I know with new pads, etc. you need to let them break in but the bike made zero noise when i first started riding it.. note that the squeaking was very faint just enough to notice because i have been paying attention to everything about the big girl since i started riding it.... thanks for your help

Could be that the rotor / pads got a little too hot with all the day riding you ve been doing. If it squeaks even when the bike is absolutely cold then just head back to the dealer and have it checked.

My bike did that too.
no worries mate. :beerchug:
hit some twisties, bomb a mountain, hit them with brake cleaner.

then give it 2000mi and get some good pads in there. :thumbs:

How much cooler was in the evening when it was squeaking?

My bike did that too.
no worries mate. :beerchug:
hit some twisties, bomb a mountain, hit them with brake cleaner.

then give it 2000mi and get some good pads in there. :thumbs:

Thanks man, should i be spraying the rotars? calipers? both?.... i appreciate the help

You may have picked up a pebble or piece of dirt between the rotor and pad. Take a close look at your rotor surfaces. Mine did that also and I could see a line on the rotor face so I pulled the pads. There was a visible piece of something or a hard spot on the pad surface that I picked away with a scribe. After that no problems.

Human instinct says when getting a new bike, take it easy and get familiar with everything before ripping into triple digits. New motor, new gear, new tires, new, new, and more new.

The brakes are probably the one thing that suffer not getting a good workout. It's a balance that you have to work through. Good luck.

Back