Slidin' Into Home...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
O.K. Guys and Gals,

I am one of those who like the finer things in life (I have a Busa don't I?). Anyway, I would always hear and read about talk of how well frame sliders perform. Mind you, I do realize that they probably won't save your bike in a major spill, but a little protection is better than none. I, like a few others don't feel real good about cutting the fairings...or anything else on the bike for that matter. Even if it's done professionally. Anywho, I took Rhythm's advice and ordered a set. They are a real nice set that look almost chrome. Actually they are a highly polished aluminum set that I purchased. After mulling over this for a few months, I finally decided to just go ahead and do it. I worked on the bike this weekend, and man (wo-man) let me tell you...I've totally changed my mind about frame sliders. Took a little work, but not nearly as complicated as I had guessed. The hardest part was trying to get the damn engine mount bolt out of the left side. The right side was easy, but damn that left side was a b^tch to get out. I realize that there are torque specs used, but all that fuggin' loc tite?
rock.gif
Anyway, I just wanted to share with ya'll the fruits of my labor.

Brian
afro.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW,

How do you guys/gals like the mesh screens?
rock.gif
Did those also while I had the fairings off. Not a hard job at all. I found it to be quite relaxing while sitting on the floor in the living room while watching TV. Easily shaped with your hands. All the tools I needed was a tape measure, wire cutters, some GOOP! (automotive adhesive/sealant), and a little "thumb" grease (didn't need elbow grease on this particular job
laugh.gif
). Was able to do both fairings in just over an hour. I really like the way it looks. Check out a pic of them layed up in the house once I finished and cleaned the fairings.

Last edited by a moderator:
while I'm at it, I figured I might as well throw in a pic of the new nose piece. It's the one I had to replace the one my brother f*cked up. Amazingly enough, he didn't damage any of the lighting. Just a simple take off and put on.

Thanx dude. Now Kennedy is dressed for the prom and she has no date yet. And Lo better not bring Dexter around sniffin' either. Because if Kennedy comes up pregnant and has some little "mini bikes", Dexter's a$$ is mine.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
jump9.gif

laugh.gif
Brian
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

All the pieces look good dude. Where is the Tiger Wing? I tried it and didn't like it.

Where are you guys getting frame sliders? My buddy is looking for carbon fiber sliders, but all I have found are black and white.

All the pieces look good dude. Where is the Tiger Wing? I tried it and didn't like it.

Where are you guys getting frame sliders? My buddy is looking for carbon fiber sliders, but all I have found are black and white.
Hey G-Spot,

I'm having a brain cramp trying to remember where I got the sliders from.  I'll figure it out in a little bit though.  Or better yet, you can ask Lori...she seems to have the same set that I have.  I wish she'd stop hatin' and let a playa play.  Anyway, you can order the ones with the carbon inlay from Trick Tape.  Hope this helps you out.

Brian

Oh yeah, the TigerWing. I pick it up from my boy Russell on Wednesday. He polished it for FREE. Don't you just love that word?
rock.gif

Brian

The hardest part was trying to get the damn engine mount bolt out of the left side. The right side was easy, but damn that left side was a b^tch to get out. [/QUOTE]

Did you support the motor with a jack(raising it up far enuff to take the stress of the mounting bolts)? I think I mentioned it in my tutorial>>>>This will remove the stress on the bolt when removing and keeps the hole aligned when putting the knew longer bolt back in.

Anyway I'm glad you took my advice and did it yourself and nice job on the vent screenz. Where did you get the material from?

Nice job BC, i like the screens! Can you hook a sistah up in Laguna?
rock.gif
pretty pleeeeeeease, with Shuga on top??? I promise not to rain on your parade and post pix of MY bike on your thread....
inlove.gif

Anyway I'm glad you took my advice and did it yourself and nice job on the vent screenz.  Where did you get the material from?
Rhythm,

Thanx for all the props dude. I purchased the screen from Advanced Auto Parts. I've seen them at just about every auto parts store. It cost me about $32 for a sheet that is about 8" wide and about 4' long. Great stuff. It's just like the screen mesh just over the ram air tubes, but about twice as thick. It was enough material to do my entire bike with enough left over to do ONE more Busa.

Brian

Nice job BC, i like the screens!  Can you hook a sistah up in Laguna?
rock.gif
 pretty pleeeeeeease, with Shuga on top???  I promise not to rain on your parade and post pix of MY bike on your thread....  
inlove.gif
Hook a sistah up? Hook a sistah up? Wo-Man, you must be trippin'! You need to be thinking about how you are going to restrain Dexter's horny a$$.
tounge.gif
But, if you promise not to be too hard on us at Laguna, then I might consider hookin' you up.
laugh.gif

Brian

BTW, thanks for all the props. Got my inners back from Chris today. That dude just has mad skills. He needs to start marketing his modification skills. I tell you...that dude is awesome.

BA,

Love the screens. Really looks good. Also, nice job on the frame sliders. I guess I'm going to have to get brave and try that mod myself. You and Lo are making us chickens look bad!

Yeah brain, those are sweet! Excellent job that you and Lo did! Did you do the swingarms with spools? If not, are you planning to?

I am debating doing 'em too... Thanks for the pics and tips.

-Rip.

Hey G-Spot,

I'm having a brain cramp trying to remember where I got the sliders from.  I'll figure it out in a little bit though.  Or better yet, you can ask Lori...she seems to have the same set that I have.  I wish she'd stop hatin' and let a playa play.  Anyway, you can order the ones with the carbon inlay from Trick Tape.  Hope this helps you out.

Brian
Thanks Bri...I think I owe half my mods to you.
wink.gif
I appreciate the sharing.

Man after checking out your bike and Lo's I think i'm gonna have to break down and cut the fairing so i can add the frame sliders as well.

Anyway I'm glad you took my advice and did it yourself and nice job on the vent screenz. Where did you get the material from?
Rhythm,

Thanx for all the props dude. I purchased the screen from Advanced Auto Parts. I've seen them at just about every auto parts store. It cost me about $32 for a sheet that is about 8" wide and about 4' long. Great stuff. It's just like the screen mesh just over the ram air tubes, but about twice as thick. It was enough material to do my entire bike with enough left over to do ONE more Busa.

Brian
"enough left over to do ONE more Busa"....... hey, i got one more Busa you can do!! hint hint..... wink wink....

LoBusa

Anyway I'm glad you took my advice and did it yourself and nice job on the vent screenz.  Where did you get the material from?
Rhythm,

Thanx for all the props dude.  I purchased the screen from Advanced Auto Parts.  I've seen them at just about every auto parts store.  It cost me about $32 for a sheet that is about 8" wide and about 4' long.  Great stuff.  It's just like the screen mesh just over the ram air tubes, but about twice as thick.  It was enough material to do my entire bike with enough left over to do ONE more Busa.

Brian
"enough left over to do ONE more Busa".......  hey, i got one more Busa you can do!!  hint hint..... wink  wink....

LoBusa
Watch out dere nah!!

Rhythm,

Thanx for all the props dude.  I purchased the screen from Advanced Auto Parts.  I've seen them at just about every auto parts store.  It cost me about $32 for a sheet that is about 8" wide and about 4' long.  Great stuff.  It's just like the screen mesh just over the ram air tubes, but about twice as thick.  It was enough material to do my entire bike with enough left over to do ONE more Busa.

Brian
"enough left over to do ONE more Busa".......  hey, i got one more Busa you can do!!  hint hint..... wink  wink....

LoBusa
It is easy enough to do, and we can do it at Laguna. We justn need to do it at night, so the silicone will have time to dry....at least I used silicone.

Back